Percy Jackson--The Blazing Trident By emberkitty

28 July 2013

Q1. What's the name of the book?

A.  Percy Jackson--The Blazing Trident

Q2. What is the genre of your book?

A.  Adventure, Greek Mythology, Fanfiction, Action, and somewhat Romance and Comedy

Q3. What gave you the  idea for your book?

A. Rick Riordan's PJ series is amazing and I felt like it deserved more adventures and I wanted to write that. He had a great idea going and it would be pretty difficult to top it with another Greek mythology camp idea stuff. 

Q4. Can you give a summary of your book? 

A.  Okay, so Percy's fought a war god, returned a lightning bolt to Zeus, gotten a Cyclops half-brother, retrieved the Golden Fleece, saved Thalia's dying tree and reverted her to human, saved two Hades's kids, defeated Kronos, found Pan, and destroyed the Titan's and their army, etc. Whew, he totally should have the peace he deserves now, right?

Fat chance. With ancient forces stirring up in the ocean, things are going to change. Another Prophecy strikes blows to his ears. The world will soon be plunged into darkness, and monsters overrun the earth. The Mist is failing and mortals begin to see what should remain unseen.The culprit? That remains unknown. But Percy can hear this soft, twisting melody, sweet and dark music that wraps him in doom.

And the sea turns blood-red as the Trident of Poseidon flickers with fire that can't be extinguished.

Q5. Why do you believe it is a good read?

A. I believe it's a good read because it thoroughly adopts RR's style and idea, yet contains my own mark on it too. It combines many different aspects and genres well.

Q6. What would you like to say to those  who read your book?

A. I'd like to say I hope you enjoyed reading it and liked reading it as much as I did writing it. If you do, then I'm extremely thankful for the support! :)

Click the external link to go straight to the interviewed story.