Chapter 18

The tears never stopped the whole car ride. This was the biggest mess in the world, and it was my entire fault. I finally arrived back home and I broke down even more. Not only did I just have one of the worst fights and breakups ever, but now I have to go face the guys again. I can't imagine how pissed they still are at me.

I opened the door and closed it quietly behind me, hoping the guys were still asleep. Unfortunately for me, they were all wide-awake and sitting on the couch. As soon as I walked through the door they all stood up. "Callie, what the hell?" Tom crossed his arms, clearly angry.

I looked around and noticed that Nathan was missing. "I left you a note," I sighed, exhausting from a long night and early morning. I want nothing more than to sleep, to not open my eyes until everything is okay again.

"That doesn't make what you did okay. God, Callie, will you ever learn?" Tom asked.

All four boys started talking at once, all reminding me of my mistakes and how much trouble I've caused. They brought up the fight last night, pointing out what a mess I've made. They told me how immature I've been as if I'm nothing more than a silly child who needs to grow up. They called me reckless, irresponsible, dumb.

I put my hands up to my head as a new wave of tears began. I shook my head violently. This has been going on long enough. I just want it all to stop. I need it to end.

"I want to go home," I shouted so loud I'm pretty sure all of Maui could have heard me.

The four of them stopped talking and just looked at me in shock. "What did you say?" Siva asked.

"I just want to go home," I cried, my voice sounding exhausted and defeated. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my lap. I'm too ashamed of how much I'm crying to look them in the eyes.

"Callie-" Jay said but I shook my head again to cut him off.

"Please, let me go home," I begged. "This vacation is over for me. It has been for a while. I can't stay here for another two weeks and ruin things even more for you guys. I can't stay and have you guys hate me and want nothing to do with me.

I heard a faint sigh and someone put their hand on my back. "You definitely want to go home?" Tom asked.

I nodded my head as I continued to cry.

"I'll call Kevin and see when the earliest flight is," Tom said before he removed his hand.

The room fell silent as I wiped my tears. I looked up only to see that everyone had left the room. This is it; my dream vacation in Maui is officially over. Things have taken such a turn for the worse; the only logical decision is to leave before it gets worse.

I got up off the couch and made my way upstairs to my room. I might as well start packing since I don't know when I'm leaving. When I got to my room I opened my dresser and threw all of my clothes on the ground. I dragged over my suitcase and plopped down on the floor, making myself comfortable. I began the slow process of folding my clothes and placing them in my bag, silently crying all over again.

---

A few hours later I was looking around my room, making sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I had all of my clothes, personal belongings, and my toiletries. That was about it. I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. I glanced over at my phone and noticed I didn't have any messages. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though. Who would want to talk to me after everything I put everyone through?

The knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Yes?"

The door opened and Jay poked his head through. "Hey," he said as he gave me a small smile.

"What's up?" I sighed. The guys had been nice enough to leave me alone and give me my space while I packed.

His smile dropped. "We called Kevin and he set everything up. We got you on a flight this afternoon. It leaves in about three hours. If you're ready to go, we'll drive you to the airport."

I nodded my head as I stood up. "Sounds good," I said weakly. I'm completely drained of all the energy in my body. Crying and packing is very exhausting.

I bent down to pick up my backpack and put it on my shoulders. I grabbed the handle to my suitcase and turned back to Jay.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked, looking me over.

I frowned at him. "I can't stay, Jaybird. I have to leave before things get worse."

He nodded, although it was obvious he was disappointed with my answer. "Here, I'll get your suitcase for you," he said as he reached for my bag.

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

"We'll be downstairs, whenever you're ready." He mumbled before leaving the room with my bag.

I looked around my bedroom for the last time before sighing. "This is it," I whispered to myself.

I quickly took my backpack off and pulled out my camera. I snapped a few pictures of the room and the incredible view I had the opportunity to wake up to every morning. Content with what I had, I put the camera away and put my bag back on my shoulders.

I left my room and started making my way towards the stairs. However, I stopped when I noticed the door to Max and Nathan's room was closed. He's been locked up in there all day. I timidly walked up to the door and slowly knocked on it. "Nath?"

I waited for a reply but all I got was silence. I knocked once more. "Nath, please talk to me."

When there was still no answer I decided to press on. "Look, I know you're mad at me. You have every right to be. But please just know how sorry I am. I wanted to tell you so badly, but I was scared. That's all I am, a big coward who can't even talk to her best friend." I let out a sigh as I choked back tears. "I love you, Nath, and I don't want to lose you as a friend. I hope you'll talk to me back home. I hope you can at least try to enjoy the rest of your vacation."

I stood there, not really sure what to expect. I was hoping he would open the door and all would be forgiven, but I knew that was too much to ask for. "Enjoy the rest of your vacation," I whispered before walking away.

----

"This is your gate," Jay said as he gave me a half smile.

I nodded at him before looking at the line of people boarding the plane. This is it, I'm really leaving.

I turned back to the guys and gave a weak smile. "Try to salvage what you can of this vacation." I wanted to punch myself in the face. There was nothing they could salvage after everything that happened.

I cleared my throat to break the silence. "I'll uh, see you guys in two weeks then."

I took in the various looks I received from the guys. Max was furious and looked absolutely pissed. Jay looked beyond upset. Siva barely looked at me, his attention focused on his injured hand he held delicately. Nathan didn't even bother to show up, he stayed locked up in his room despite the guys asking him to come. And as I looked at Tom I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Have a safe trip, Callie," Tom mumbled as he broke eye contact with me. I nodded my head, not bothering to hug them goodbye. There was nothing more I could do.

With that I grabbed my bag and headed to board my plane back home. I took one look back and saw the guys had already started to leave, besides Jay. He gave me a small wave before turning to join the guys. I turned back and gave the flight attendant my ticket. After finally finding my seat I sat down and let my emotions take over, allowing the tears I had been holding back to stream down my face.

All I wanted was a summer I would never forget. And I wouldn't forget this summer, although not for the best reasons. I wrapped my arms around myself, never feeling so alone before. The pilot came on over the loudspeaker, announcing we were departing. I buckled my seatbelt and lay my head back. I was grateful no one was sitting next to me; I don't think I could handle balling my eyes out to a total stranger.

In a matter of minutes the plane was off the ground and we were in the air. I looked out the window and tried to salvage the beautiful view of Maui I had for the last time. "Goodbye, paradise," I whispered. It wasn't really paradise though. It was nothing but trouble.