Prologue

It was supposed to be the best vacation ever. I wanted to have a summer I would never forget. As I looked around me the realization of the past few weeks hit me. This was a summer I would always remember. But maybe not for the best reasons.

I gave a weak smile and waved to the guys. "Try to salvage what you can of this vacation." I wanted to punch myself. There was nothing they could salvage after everything that happened.

I cleared my throat to break the silence. "I'll uh, see you guys in two weeks then."

I took in the various looks I received from the guys. Max was furious and looked absolutely pissed. Jay looked beyond upset. Siva barely looked at me, his attention focused on his injured hand he held delicately. Nathan didn't even bother to show up. And as I looked at Tom I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Have a safe trip, Callie," Tom mumbled as he broke eye contact with me. I nodded my head, not bothering to hug them goodbye. There was nothing more I could do.

With that I grabbed my bag and headed to board my plane back home. I took one look back and saw the guys had already started to leave, besides Jay. He gave me a small wave before turning to join the guys. I turned back and gave the flight attendant my ticket. After finally finding my seat I sat down and let my emotions take over, allowing the tears I had been holding back to stream down my face.

How could I have let this happened? This was not the way things were supposed to go. How did it all take such a turn for the worse?