Chapter 4

I woke up very early this morning, which is unusual. I quietly made my way out of the room so I wouldn't wake Tom up. I walked down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. I figured the boys wouldn't be feeling good after their crazy night of partying, so I pulled out some aspirin and bottles of water. I decided to make the boys breakfast and began pulling out the ingredients for pancakes.

I began working on the batter when I heard someone come down the stairs. I turned around to see Nathan, who looked a little groggy.

"Morning," he said as he took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Here," I said as I walked over with a bottle of water and the aspirin. "This might help," I said as I placed the items in front of him.

"Thanks, Callie," he said with a small smile.

I nodded before walking back to the stove and focusing on the pancakes. The kitchen was silent except for the sizzling of the pancakes on the stove.

"Callie," Nathan sighed. "Can we talk about last night?"

I turned around to see him standing up. "Nath, there's nothing to talk about."

"I need to apologize for my behavior. It was out of line and completely inappropriate. I'm sorry and I promise it will never happen again."

Nathan gave me pleading eyes and I could tell he was being sincere.

"I'm really sorry," he continued. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. That was my last intention. I just wanted you to have fun."

I stayed silent for a while and decided to turn my attention to the pancakes cooking. The last thing I need is for them to burn. I took them off the pan and put them on a plate. I turned the burner off and looked back at Nathan.

"Please, say something. If giving me the silent treatment is your way of trying to make me feel worse than I already do then you've succeeded."

"Okay," I said after taking a deep breath. "I accept your apology."

"Thank you, Callie," he smiled as he walked over to me. He opened his arms and gave me a hug.

I pulled away from him slightly and looked up at him. We may be the same age but he has a few inches on me. "It can't happen again. I like you, Nath, but only as a friend. Nothing more."

"I understand," he said before pulling me closer to him. "I hate when you're mad at me," he whispered softly.

I laughed as I squeezed him tightly. "I don't like being mad at you."

Suddenly there was a whistling noise, causing Nathan and I to break apart. I turned to see Jay and Siva walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, don't let us interrupt," Jay said as he held a hand up.

"Isn't it a little early for you love birds?" Siva laughed as he grabbed an aspirin from the table.

My cheeks began to burn from embarrassment.

"It's not like that," Nathan said defensively.

"Whatever you say," Siva shook his head. It's none of my concern."

"You're lucky Tom and Max weren't here. They would have beaten the crap out of you, Nathan," Jay laughed.

Nathan glared at them while I rolled my eyes. "Shut up. Nothing is going on between Nathan and I. End of story. Got it?"

I looked at Jay and Siva and they both nodded.

"Good," I smiled. "Now, who wants pancakes?"

I served the boys their breakfast and soon Tom and Max came down the stairs.