I'm so sorry I was in a hurry and I actually forgot to put the photo in before packing. Please help me with this. You just have to put the photo in it, it is right there in the first drawer of our study.

I realised I was surprised and that my mouth had suddenly opened up, I shook my head smiling at his often 'in a hurry' behaviour. I took the letter and the frame with me as I turned up towards our bedroom to find the photograph my forgetful husband had forgotten to put in. I opened the door to our heavenly abode which once was a nomad's room. The room was coloured purple with beautiful curtains and photo frames decorating the bare walls, shelves, cupboards, wardrobes.., basically things that would make the room capable to live in. I turned towards the desk when suddenly I saw rose petals spread on the bed making the shape of a heart. The photograph long forgotten I started looking around as to who had done all this when I heard footsteps walking in from the balcony of our room. I turned to see the most handsome person in this world (at least for my eyes!) standing right in front of me with a camera in his hands. And before I could even run into his arms he took a snap.
'Well, this is the photograph I was talking about!'
I smiled, my eyes twinkling with delight as I ran and hugged him tight.
'You got back?'
'You thought I'd miss our anniversary?'
I pulled back to look into his eyes that mirrored the love he had just talked about. He kissed my forehead ever so lightly before I noticed that he was wearing a white t-shirt. Sanaya was right, why did I pick up white again?
'You're wearing a white t-shirt!'
Vikram furrowed his brows together before retorting rather mischievously, 'Well, my wife happens to be a big fan of that colour! I guess now my wardrobe is full of just one colour - white!'
I started my biting lower lip rather nervously before turning around to get the present I'd got for him. 'Well I guess you can add another one to that list then!'
Vikram laughed, that magnetic one I often talked about before he put his hands on either sides of my arms, 'I'd love to since someone told me I look sexy in white!' I looked away when he said that. 'Wait, did you just blush at that?' He teased as he gently lifted my chin so that I could face him. 'You're still going to blush every time I say something like that right?' I made a face at him childishly to which he smiled, 'I'd love to see you blush every time then!'

I dumped myself on the bed next to Vikram and instinctively he put his arm around me. I smiled at his usual gesture, 'It's good when you're home. I feel pampered and protected.'
He just tightened his grip to let me know that he had heard me. I opened my eyes to see him sleeping calmly next to me, when I remembered, 'Peanut huh?' he looked at me questioningly. 'The letter! My brain is a peanut huh?' he laughed but looking at my serious look he ended up turning the laughter into a series of coughs. 'I have more. I snoop around?'
'Do I have to answer that? I don't want to lie to you.'
I spanked him playfully for that.
'Okay stop, you have an eye for all the wrong words, didn't you read the rest?'
I looked away puffing playfully, 'Well I did, but somehow these words over rated them!'
'Did they now?'
I had turned my back to him so I really couldn't tell what Vikram was up to, that was until I saw him standing in front of me. Let me correct it, sitting on one knee in front of me. 'What are you doing?'
He gave me one of his simplest yet alluring smiles, 'your hand please!'
I was still not sure what he was doing but I obliged anyway. He took my hand in his and gently caressed it with his thumb, not taking his eyes off me.
'Vikram?'
'These two years, we've spent more days apart than together but you never complained, everyone around says that you love me more than I do, which is not true because the only thing that I lack is the ability to express it..'
I knew I shouldn't but I had to interrupt here, 'I do know that Vikram you don't..'
'Shh! Let me complete Mira! Did you know that you had six different types of smiles?' I looked at him questioningly prodding him inwardly to continue. 'One when you're happy, one when you are with me, one when you're actually not happy but you want to show that you are, one when you think the person in front of you is an idiot, one when you do something that you love and one when you are thinking about me!'
my lips that were slowly curving up as he had started describing my smiles had suddenly changed their course and my mouth was left confusingly open, 'How do you know all this?'
'Just the way you'd be able to tell mine!'

I had more to say, much more but before I could open my mouth Vikram was up on his feet and he was just about to leave when I tugged his hand and pulled him back.
'You are just full of surprises today aren't you? And somehow I didn't even get you a proper gift.'
'Well you did, a white shirt!'
I narrowed my eyes and scowled at him, 'But I do have a gift for you, something that'd top all this and you'd remember forever.'
This was supposed to make him happy but Vikram seemed to sit down next to me, 'After all this, I still do not get the best husband tag do I?'
'What?'
'Well, I wanted to do something special for you, every time you end up doing something special for me and I wanted to be the one to do it this time, and you're going to take that away as well?'
I laughed at that and kissed him on his cheek before pulling them playfully. 'You are and will always be the best husband ever, which brings me to my gift for you because along with being a best husband there's something else you will need to be good at too!' He looked at me confused and dazed, 'You're going to be a father Major Vikram Shekhawat!' Vikram was ecstatic, he pulled me into a hug, 'Are you serious?'
I nodded silently, 'Just found out day before.'
He pulled my cheeks playfully, 'You know what, I think it's going to be a boy just like me. An army man' I glared at him quite angrily, 'Or a girl like you but I hope she gets my brains!'
I started hitting him, 'The punching bag will always be there right?'
'Well that depends on your snide comments.'
He caught hold of my hands and looked into my eyes, 'This has been the best gift ever Mira, this life in itself with you has been the best gift that you've given me!'
I shook my head at that, 'You've given me that Vikram, the day you walked into my life back when I was five, when that bully from across the road wouldn't let me play on the swing.'
Vikram smiled at that, 'You remember? You were so small.'
'Like I keep saying there's nothing about you or us that'd I'd ever forget!'
He narrowed his eyes at me, 'Those are my lines, cheater!'
'Whatever! I get to use them, wife exception rules!'
'Aha!'
On a serious note I turned towards him and put my hands in his hair, 'You know what if it is a boy I've thought about naming him Dhruv, that way whenever you're away, you'd always have the north pole star that'll guide you back home.'
I guess it was the sentiment and the emotion in them that he pulled me into a light hug and kissed me on my forehead.
'Ahem! What if it's a girl?'
Okay, I didn't have anything for that, I looked away lost in thoughts.
'Can I name her then? Since you've obviously figured out a name for the boy.' I looked at him as he continued, 'I think we should name her Pari, like my angel.'
I smiled at that before crashing myself into his arms. 'I love you, you know that don't you Vikram Shekhawat?'
'Uh-huh, but it's good to be told time and again!'

Life with him has truly been a bed of roses, beautiful yet the thorns keep sticking out trying to hurt me but the soft petals manage to keep them away.

Note: Hi again! Well this one was mostly because I was missing them a lot and also because it gave a chance to show the other side of Vikram! I hope you missed them as well and I hope I gave it a nice end! Love you all for helping this complete a thousand views.