Chapter 26- Snakes Bite

Callie's POV (I figured it out haha)
After watching Brennan and the mystery girl talk for few seconds he stands up and she kisses him? What? This has to be a mistake.
I must have had a really worried face because Brennan rushes over to me and asks if I was okay.

"Um I think I just watched my date kiss some other girl. Explanation?" I said with an agitated voice.
"Ugh. I'm sorry you had to see that. That was this really annoying girl, Hillary who is super desperate. She just won't get away from me. Don't worry I will make sure she won't do this again."
"I trust you, and I don't want that to change." I hug him and we go to dance some more. Little did I know, the rest of prom will be as agitating as when I saw Brennan be forced to kiss this Hillary girl.
While taking a break from dancing I feel a tap on my shoulder. Brennan is using the bathroom so it's just me. I turn around to see this girl.
"Um what do you want?" I questioned. Hillary snaps back.
"I want you to stay away from my Brennan." She crosses her arms.
"Your Brennan!? Ha he's my b-boyriend." I resist but go on with it. He's not actually my boyfriend, he's just my prom date. But I would like him to be mine.
"Ugh I sure he's just using you to get to me." This was the breaking point.
"He would never do that. Brennan is one of the most loyal, caring, amazing boys I've ever met. He would never do this to me." I meant every word I said. Brennan is such a great person and I don't know what I would do without him. He's helped me through so much especially Caleb's death.
"Yeah right! Just stay away from me." Hillary storms off flipping her fake looking hair which I'm sure is a wig. I let out a deep breath and turn around just to see Brennan standing behind me.
"Okay, I get it she is SUPER annoying." I agree with Brennan's passed statement.

Throughout the night Hillary would randomly come up and say a few annoyingly point less things but I don't know that my whole prom night would be ruined by her.
After dancing for a bit Brennan goes to talk with the boys for a bit while I go to snack bar with Bella which is where I am most of the time.
"Hey Cal you gotta try this chocolate fountain." Bella recommends while stuffing her face with chocolate covered strawberries.
I grab one, cover it with chocolate when Hillary swoops by and bumps into me. This causes me to drop my chocolate dipped berry on her white dress.
"UGH WHAT THE HELL! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THIS DRESS WAS!" She screams into my face.
"I didn't mean to I swear! you bumped in-" Hillary grabs the half filled bowl of bright red fruit punch and pours it over my head. The snake bit.

I freeze in place while everyone in the room gasps. I look down at my light purple dress which is now covered with red, sticky juice. I feel so many emotions right now, I'm surprised I didn't just explode but instead I run. I run out of the school gym and to the lake. Sitting down I cry.

"Hey Callie," Brennan appears behind me,"are you okay?"
"Not really." I keep my head in my hands. Brennan sits down beside me.
"Look Callie, don't let Hillary get to you. She's just an immature, bitchy, insecure girl. I'll talk to the principal and get her in trouble."
I shiver and Brennan immediately puts his coat around me.
" Brennan you don't have to, you are going to get your coat dirty from this juice."
"No, anything for you, beautiful." Brennan wraps his arm around me.
"Thanks, you really know how to make a girl feel special." I smile at him then rest my head on his shoulder. He's so warm and comforting.
"Did you really mean what you said about me to Hillary?" He must have heard.
"Oh uh, well yeah. You mean the world to me. But sorry I called you my boyfriend. I just wanted to get my point across to her."
"No, I kinda liked it."
We look at each other then he starts leaning in. I close my eyes and - we kissed.

A/N Ahh! Callie's first kiss! I hope you guys liked this chapter cause I loved it! So I already have the rest of this book planned out and I can't wait for you guys to see it! - Natalia