Chapter 22- Farewell

I realized that I say goodbye a lot.
It's about 10am and I'm still figuring out how I will say goodbye to two of my best friends. Lia and Zoe  need to go stay with Zoe's aunt in California. For three years and I can't put it together in my head.
I sit, curled up in bed with Gigi. She's pretty big now but I can still curl up with her.
I pet her brown fur and think about things. I don't know how to say goodbye. I don't want to. I can't even handle it anymore.
"Gigi, I'm really going to miss them." I start crying. This is really stressful and they haven't even left yet. They leave in 3 hours and I really need to get ready. I plop my self out of my warm bed and go put on some clothes. I just get one of Caleb's old sweatshirts that still fit me and some jeans. I slip on some sandals and brush my hair.
I head down stairs and meet my mom in the kitchen.
"Mom, I really don't want to say goodbye." I lay my head down on the island table. She walks over to me.
"Awe Callie, I know how you feel, but don't worry we go to California very often anyways. So we will be able to visit. And they come home every once a while for holidays."
"But that's not enough." I pout.
"Well baby girl, before you know it. You will be living in the same place and you will all see each other everyday."
"Yeah I guess. Thanks mom." I give her a squeeze.
A few hours later, it's time to say our last goodbyes.  I don't talk the whole way to the air port. We get inside and meet up with them.
"Callie!" Zoe, Lia, and Bella come running. We all hug for a very long time. Bug not long enough.
"This will be the last time we are all together for a very long time." I say.
"Callie, don't think like that." Lia says.
"Sorry, it's in my nature."
"Look, I'm so proud of you guys. Now you just need to focus on the Olympics and totally dominate." Bella says.
"And always remember that we are supporting you every step of the way." I add.
"Zoe! Lia!" You have to go now!" Lias mom calls them over. I immediately hug each girl. Everyone joins in and then they had to go.
"Goodbye guys." Lia says.
"No, see you later.i don't need anymore goodbyes in my life." I smile and we have one last tight hug and they start towards their gate. I start to feel my eyes grow teary.
"I'll really miss them." Bella almost whispers.
"Aww come here." I hug her. "We still have each other."