Chapter 13- Baby Steps

"Come on Callie. You can do it." It has been a week since my surgery and I can finally get up out of bed. My mom is trying to help me walk. I've been very restless for I've had a lot of pain.
"Mom." I grunt in pain." My chest. I can't walk yet." That's when my dad walks over to lift me up.
"Here I'll pull you up." He says. With them two helping me I am finally able to get up off my bed.
"Baby steps Callie, baby steps." Annie says.
"Okay. Um like this and okay now I'm walking." I didn't know I had the strength.
"Good job baby girl." Mom cheers.
"I'm starving." I say sitting down.
"I'll ask the doctor if we can take you out on the wheel chair." Dad walks away. A few minutes later he walks back with a grin on his face.
"He said we can. We just need to be careful."
"Yay! Can we go to chipotle?!" I say with a huge smile on my face.
"Woo! Chipotle!" Hayley yells waving her hands in the air. Annie joins her.
"Sure! Here Callie I brought some clothes for you."
"Ooh I like clothes." My mom brought me some light blue skinny jeans, my favorite fuzzy boots that match Hayley's and Annie's, a super cozy coat, and a purple long sleeve shirt. She also brought me Caleb's baseball hat.
"Aww. You know I love to bring this everywhere." I hug my mom.
"I wuv wu mummy." I say with a baby voice.
"Wuv wu to."
I get my shirt and pants on with a little help and the rest my mom had to do. My chest and head hurt very much but I was still happy that I got to get out of this depressing hospital for a while.
My dad helps me into a wheel chair so I won't have to walk everywhere and we go to the parking lot. They bring me home really quick so I can see Piper and Winnie.
"Hi babies!" I say in my high pitched, dog talking voice. I pet them for a little while.
"Aww they missed you very much." Mom says while vlogging.
Once it was time to go we got into the car and started driving once again. We go get our chipotle.
Annie starts coughing really bad.
"Annie, are you okay? That sounded really bad." I ask her in concern.
"Well my throat hurts but I'm feeling better than before." I hug her and we finish eating.
Once we get back to the hospital I sigh. Well looks like I'm back here. Dad sees me looking all sad.
"Hey, how about we go visit the aqua girls at the gym?"
My face lights up. "I would love that! Thanks daddy!" I call him that from time to time. I'm not too old!

About 30 minutes later we arrive at the gym.
"Callie! What are you doing here!?" Bella runs over to me and everyone else joins her.
"I came to visit you guys!" I hug them all one by one.
"How are you doing at the hospital?" Mia asks.
"Well, um, it's you know. The most depressing place anyone could ever be." I try to hold back tears. "I just want everything to go back to normal. I want to go home and go to gymnastics, and see my friends, and" I pause for a second. "Caleb." I start crying a little bit.
"Callie, we are here for you. We are your family too. Remember?" Zoe refers to the time when we all promised to each other that we will always be here and that we are basically family.  She takes a napkin and wipes my tears. I adjust Caleb's hat that I'm wearing.
"Yes, and I love you guys."