If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn [Muke]

Luke.

Today was the day. Today I was going to confess my love to Michael, on stage, in front of everyone. Our fans already know that I'm gay and Michael was bisexual. So we didn't have to explain. I already planned it out with Ashton and Calum. We were going to do a cover of If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens. Michael wasn't aware, so It'll just be me, Ashton, and Calum playing. We were covering the acoustic version because the acoustic version was so much more beautiful than the original. I have it planned out, it'll be right before we perform What I like About You, the last song. I was nervous but I was sure that Michael would say yes. Then, I can finally be with the love of my life.

I was off in a separate room practicing when Michael walked in. I saw him immediately and stopped, not wanting to spoil anything. He noticed I stopped. "Hey, why did you stop?" he questioned.

"I just wasn't feeling the song, It's no big deal," I replied nonchalantly.

"Well, can you explain why you've locked yourself in a room and not talking to the rest of us?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't," at this point I was getting pissed at the questions.

"Why can't you tell me anything? Why are you hiding things from me?"

"Because Michael I just can't tell you! Why can't you leave me alone!" I yelled, I immediately felt bad.

Michael just walked out, tears in his eyes. I just curled in on myself on the floor hating myself for yelling at Michael. A few minutes later, Ashton came in. I just curled into a tighter ball, my breathing getting heavier.

"Luke, can you please explain why Michael came to us crying about how you're hiding things from him?" I couldn't answer. My heart was beating too fast and I was being to struggle to breathe.

I looked at him, pleading for help with my eyes.

"Oh my god Luke, are you okay?" I shook my head, beginning to cry.

"A-Ashton, I-I yelled at him, he's going to hate me. I didn't mean to. H-he just walked in while I was practicing and I didn't want him to know," I struggled out. "I-I can't b-breathe."

He immediately knew what to do. He sat down next to me, pulling me into his lap. Something he's done many times before. He hummed random songs into my ear, knowing that it calmed me and helped get my breathing straight. Soon, I could breathe and my cries died down. Ashton made sure I was okay, then he went to get ready for the show.

The show went well so far, and I was constantly making eye contact at Michael. God, he looks so fucking beautiful tonight, I can't wait to ask him to be mine.

Soon, it became the end and it was my time to sing. I walked up to the mic. "I would like to dedicate this song to a special person, I will explain when I'm done," I said, switching out my electric guitar for an acoustic. Michael gave me a weird look, but I just smiled and began.

Stay for tonight
If you want to
I can show you
What my dreams are made of,
As I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here

How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, 'cause I could sing you a song
But I don't think words can express your beauty
It's singing to me
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me
I fell in love from the moment we kissed
Since then we've been history

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of
And I can't fall asleep,
I lay in my bed awake at nights,
And I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love
It could mean everything, everything to me
Ooh This could mean everything to me

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever...

The way that we are
Is the reason I stay
As long as you're here with me
I know I'll be OK

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay, please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

Please stay, please stay as long as you need

Please stay forever with me

When I finished I looked Michael in the eyes. "Michael Gordon Clifford, I have loved you for so long and I finally got the courage to do this. Will you be my boyfriend?"

I saw him set his guitar down, mine already handed off to a tech, and he ran to engulf me in a hug. He whispered a yes into my ear and kissed me. It was beautiful. I was so glad he was finally mine, we were sadly cut off by Ashton. But, after the concert we went back to the bus and managed to cuddle in the cramped bunks.