Animal I Have Become [Peterick One Shot]

A/N: I don't think that Patrick would do any of this but hey, the ideas flow. This is in Pete's point of view, enjoy.

Scared, that's all I feel, scared. Patrick and I were fighting and honestly, it was pointless. At this point, I didn't even remember what the fight was about, but, I was scared of Patrick. He was screaming and breaking everything; broken glass and picture frames were scattered around our house. I was scared to try and calm him down but, he would end up destroying the house if I didn't. I inhaled deeply, getting courage to step forward, and walked towards him slowly. "Patrick, you need to calm down." I said calmly, Patrick turned around and I could see the rage in his eyes, I knew that he snapped and will scream at me again.

"Don't tell me to Fucking calm down, Pete! This is all your fault. If you weren't such a screw up, we wouldn't be fighting!" Those words hurt, Patrick never said that to me, and I believed that he never would. I was done with him and fought with him more, which was a bad idea. But, I didn't think, I was just downright angry.

"Patrick, I don't know what the fuck I did but, last time I checked you're the one breaking things and you started screaming at me first! I'm done with you and until you figure out what happened to the old Patrick, I'm leaving!"

In that moment, something snapped in Patrick, he let all of his rage loose. I felt a burning sensation on my cheek, and realized that Patrick had slapped me. I couldn't bear to be in the same house as him anymore, so without speaking, I turned around and left. The last thing I saw was Patrick looking at his hand, dumbfounded.

I wasn't sure where I was going but somehow, I found myself walking aimlessly down my street. Soon enough, I ended up at Starbucks, I just walked in and got a coffee. I then sat down and just thought, I thought about Patrick and what he did, questioning why Patrick would hit him. He just couldn't believe it, Patrick was so nice to everyone, he wasn't the type of person to do that. I sat there just thinking about Patrick and our relationship.

About an hour later, I decided to go back home, Patrick surly was calmed down by now. As I walked back into our house, it was eerily quiet. The lights were turned off and there was nothing on, Patrick was still home though, his car was in the driveway. I searched around the house, no sign of Patrick anywhere. I started getting scared and I wondered where he could be, then I remembered that in the backyard, there was a tree that Patrick loved to sit in when he was upset. I went out back and into the small wooded area behind our house, searching for the tree, finally finding it. I looked up and sure enough, there was Patrick at the top, staring into oblivion. That's what he would do in the tree, just sit at the top and stare into the sky. I never knew what he was thinking about or if he was staring at anything, but it was better than him doing worse things.

I climbed up the tree and sat next to Patrick, putting my arm around him, leaning into his shoulder. Yes, he did hit me, but I can't hold a grudge against him. He was angry and I knew he felt bad about it, or else he wouldn't be in the tree. He looked at me, "Pete, I'm-" he started, but I interrupted him.

"Patrick, you don't need to apologize, you were mad. I understand."

"I know, I was mad and I didn't know what I was doing and I really didn't mean it."

"How about we go inside and watch a movie?" I suggested, wanting both to get out of the tree and to do something inside.

"I'll make popcorn!" Patrick yelled excitedly, making me laugh.

We climbed down and walked inside, happy that we made up and pushed this one fight behind us.