3

I hadn't seen her face for so long. She wasn't Cece. She was Courtney.

"Courtney" I said under my breath

"Alice" said Olivia

"Our you okay" Emma said through her tears

"That was my best friend I mean I used to see her a few times a week for a year but she was Courtney" she said

"That was my best friend Alice" said Olivia

 The three of us know that Courtney was dead. They had found her body a few weeks after she went missing. I didn't go to her funeral. I would have wished to have gone but I wasn't allowed to go. Courtney's family just wanted a small funeral and just had her closest friends and family going to her funeral.  I was with my foster sister the day of Courtney's funeral.

 I was stupid. I thought my life was good I had Sarah and I had Courtney. My foster family were nice too. One of there daughters was my friend. We were not close and I guess we weren't friends. She was called Kasey. Kasey was a year older than me. She was nice but I didn't talk much to her. I had been living with an abusive foster family for ten months and I kept to my self. I didn't talk much to Alex but we got on. I sometimes wonder how there doing. I wasn't happy though. I was still getting over the hell I had been through. Then things with Sarah got scary. I had only started feeling happy when everything went wrong. That's the story of my life.

"What do you mean" Emma asked through her tears

"That's my best friend or at least she was but she was Courtney" I said

"Wait that was my best friend Alice" said Olivia sounding surprised

"Oh god how is that possible" said Emma

"She didn't go to the same but I would see her a few times a week at least" said Olivia

"Same" I said feeling sick that a girl I called my best friend didn't even tell me her true name.

 I noticed Emma and Olivia's horrified faces and I know mine would be equally horrified. I wondered how this was possible.

"This is not happening" I said

 How why. My best friend Courtney was not Courtney she was really  pretty had nice clothes and she always seemed to have money. Why I wondered would she have to do what she did and act like someone else. I mean she was thirteen and I didn't think she was in danger I mean she was thirteen. 

 My phone beeped with a message. Dread filled me. I know it was from A. I just know it was. I felt sick as I read it.

"Little bitch is dead and believe me when I say bitchs your next XXX A" all three of us read

 No I thought please no. I couldn't bare this. I was terrified scared and more than any of that I was helpless. This person found Taylor Berry's body before the police. Me, Olivia and Emma were just waiting to be killed and it sickened me to know that.  I was scared too. I may of have a lot of bad stuff in my life but I don't want to die.

 I can't say how I felt. It's like finding out everything you know I thought you know was a lie. I mean Courtney or Cece as she really was had lied about her name so what else had she lied about. 

 It was hard no it more than hard to think of Courtney as anything less than the good friend she was. Cece said she lived near me but she was always going to a different town but she went into a different town a lot. She never told me where she lived though. I asked her where she lived but she  never would tell me. I was just happy, happy to have a friend and I guess Cece had a friend that never would push the facts. A friend who know the side she showed her but would not force her to show what she didn't want too.

 I spend a lot of time with Courtney. I would spend one or two days a week with her. In school time we would meet in the evenings. We never spend much time at home. We would go out. Courtney was the person who was closer to me than anyone. I had friends but no friends like Courtney. The word why hit me. I never could ask her though how could I ask a dead girl.

"Wait" said Olivia "Do you have a photo of her" she asked

 Me and Emma both nodded and pulled out our photos. The photo of the real Courtney or Cece as she really was had long blond hair. The photo of Courtney who even know her real name was Cece I still thought of her as Courtney.

 Cece was like Courtney. I still  couldn't think them as three people. Cece had long blond straight hair but Alice had long red hair and contacts that made her eyes green.