Chapter 22

One week later (How ironic?):

It was dark. It was all black. And the color suffocated me.

I looked around, trying to gulp in as much air as I could. The air was killing me. I couldn't see anything around me. There was no light.

"Humera!", I heard, a faint whisper, far away.

"Humera?!", it gout louder. I knew that voice. It was familiar, I had heard it before. I searched for him in the dark, trying to locate the source of the voice.

"Humera!", a hand grabbed me, pulling me out of it.

My eyes shot open, and I saw Shehryaar in front. of me, concern evident on his face.

"What happened?", I asked, not sure why he looked so shocked.

"You were fucking crying in your sleep.", he said, "Did you have a nightmare?"

"Nightmare?", I shook my head, "Nop-"

SHIT! I remembered. My eyes widened, with my jaw wide open. Shehryaar noticed the change in my expression.

"Humera?"

"I was- I was somewhere very dark. I couldn't see anything. It was all black! Evevrything was-"

Before I could even complete Shehryaar pulled me closer into himself, wrapping his arms around me. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I had been like this for the past one week since Dave had passed away.

His death had effected me more than I thought it would have. In just a few days, he had touched my heart and become close to me. Someone who I didn't know a few days ago, had now been a part of my life. And that too for such a little time. I could still picture his funeral in my head. His grave. It would all replay in front of my eyes, as if it were a movie of some sort.

"You need to calm down Humera.", Shehryaar spoke. "Control yourself."

I whispered, "I'm sorry."

"I know Dave's death hasn't been an easy one for you, but he wouldn't want you to be stuck on this forever, right?"

I shrugged.

"C'mon.", he snapped, "You need to come out of it. You need to move on."

"what do you want me to do?", I said, irritated.

"We're going out! Go take a shower, get ready."

"I don't want to.", I protested.

"I don't care.", he said, "We're going out now. That's it. Or I will call Hussain."

"No!", I almost shouted, "I'll get ready."

The last time Shehryaar called Hussain over, he basically threw me into the pool with freezing water and made sure I was clean, because I used to get out of my bed and take a shower.

"I'll make breakfast.", he smiled at me, "And, wear something pretty."

I groaned, getting out of bed. I gave him a death stare as I walked to my bathroom, while he cheekily smiled at me.

When I came out of the shower, I found a dress neatly placed on my bed. I sighed. He'd probably dress me himself, if I didn't wear it.

Shehryaar's apartment was my home for the last week. He didn't ask me to leave, neither did I want to leave. But I knew I had to. I couldn't stay with him forever.

I could smell the coffee in here in the bedroom, and I knew I needed some so I headed to the kitchen.

Shehryaar was pouring the coffee into two mugs, while two plates of pancakes sat on the table.