18

______

____
__

Your pov:

"Sir, I was wondering if there was any way I could be able to get my check?" Fiddling with the hem of my shirt, I tried to hard not to stutter from how nervous I felt.

Mr. Jauregui looked up, putting his pen down slowly. Silence filled the room. I started fidgeting even more from how he just stared at me with nothing to display, not a smile, annoyance, grin -- just nothing.

He inhaled slowly. "They aren't due until next week Y/N. I've told you this." My heart dropped at the words, although I had a feeling this would be the outcome, I weirdly still had some hope.  "I kind of need the money for my-" as I was about to finish my sentence, a knock interrupted us.

"Come in!"

"Daddy, I'm gonna head out with the girls to go grab some food, ok?"

Lauren.

Of course she interrupted us. She shifted her gaze, looking at me with a little glint in her eye, but quickly looking away. The thought about the kiss crossing my mind at least once every time I saw her, which was unbelievably obnoxious and annoying. Maybe it was out of disgust, reminding myself my self worth, i'm sure that was it.

   "Alright hunny. Don't go too wild," Mike playfully added. "Mm I'll try! Bye daddy!" Lauren innocently spoke, but as soon as she was going to walk out to close the door, Mike called her back in, looking disappointed.

  "Manners." Mike commented. His eyes hit my direction and nudged his head in one motion for her to take the hint. Lauren sighed, looking to the side. She avoided me. "I'll see you later Y/N." She forced out. It was amusing to see her in a position where she was submissive, listening to someone else's orders. It was something I could see again.

"Bye," I said bluntly. She lightly scoffed at my dryness. Lauren turned around, slamming the door loudly, causing me to flinch. "Look, you're a great girl, but I can't give you the money now. It would be unfair to my other workers. I'm sorry."

I clenched my jaw, frustrated at the fact I had to break the news to Andrew that we might need to push back the medication. "Thank you sir." I displayed no emotions.

____

"Hey babe! How'd everything go." Alycia threw her body onto mine, hugging me tightly. "It went fine. How's my girl doing," I lied, shifting the conversation to her. I didn't want to tell her what happened earlier, not only was it embarrassing, but it was just something I wanted to keep between me and Andrea. "Are you sure?" She backed up looking into my eyes. Alycia tucked a hair strand behind my ear, smiling to me. "I am. Want to grab some food? I'm starving." There was something that helped me get my mind off of problems, and that was food.

"Mm alright if you say so." She opened up the car for me to get in, once I did, the whole time I just sat there in my own little world. I was fucked, completely fucked.

____

  "Babe." 

"Babe!"

I slightly stumbled in my seat, having my attention focus on my girlfriend now. "What?"

  "She's asking for your order." Alycia pointed out at the waitress. The two of them looked at me with concern, I don't know how long I dozed off.  "Um—" I quickly got a hold of the menu in front of me, trying to remember what I picked out. "— can I just have pasta chicken alfredo," I politely told her. The waitress wrote down our orders before grabbing the menus from us, then walking away.

"Are you sure you're okay? What were you thinking about?" She carefully took my hand, soothing my knuckles with her thumb. "I'm fine. I'm just a bit tired."

  She sighed, "tired of what?"

"It's nothing Alycia. I'm serious." My tone of voice accidentally came off as stern, causing the girl taken back.

"Are..are you tired of me?" She looked very fragile, her eyes softened, and impatiently waited for an answer. "You know I'm never tired of you."

She shook her head, taking her hand back. "Then tell me Y/N."

I didn't want her knowing I didn't have the money and was stressing out about it. It was honestly I couldn't dealt with myself. Or was I just using that an excuse to hide the real truth about something else. "I don't want t— it's really nothing." My face straightened, not showing her how I truly felt.

"You said you'd never hide things from me. I just want to help." She was right. But before I could say anything, she stood up. "Figure this out yourself," she said, letting out a stern cough after to avoid her voice from cracking.  I tried grabbing her hand, but she was fast to move, starting to walking away. I stood up and calmly repeating her name. "Come back please!" I begged. It was already late then, she looked turned the corner, leaving me there. I wanted to chase after her, but I knew how we already ordered food, it would've been awful for the waitress to come back to an empty table.

I sat back down, putting my hands over my face.

"Hey, I can't help but watch that cute cliche drama scene of yours. Would you like to sit with me and the girls?"

  I slowly dragged my hands down my face to reveal the last person I expected to see. "Get out of here Normani," I muttered.

She lowly chuckled, sitting down where Alycia was sitting. "Look. Either you move to our table or we move to your table," she displayed a smile, moving her head to one side in a playful manner.

  "Oh sure! Let me just grab my stuff." I pretended to grab something from my side, sitting back up and exposing my middle finger to her. "Fuck you," I said with a fake smile. She smirked before nodding her head, almost like a small signal, which made me confused.

I heard movement coming from behind me.Chairs being dragged, small whispering, giggling, and I the smell some strong perfume filled my nostrils. From the side of my eye, I see a chair being placed next to me.

   "Missed me?" There was Lauren on my left, showing off a small smirk. "Get the fuck out," I replied to her. She uttered a dramatic exasperated snort. "Funny. Because you didn't say that when we were kissing."

"Agh!" I groaned as I felt something kick my shin. "Whoops?" Camila shrugged her shoulders innocently and smiled at me.

"What do you guys want?"

"Mmm nothing." Dinah joined in the conversation. I was about to talk back, but Lauren interrupted me. "Honestly you're lucky we're not here to shut your fucking mouth and beat you up right no-" I cut her off and made sure I had her full attention. "I'd rather you beat me up than have a normal talk with you idiotic fucks. After what you guys done to me, I'm not here to be friends with you."

"Come to our place after school tomorrow. If you don't come then we'll make you." Lauren said with no expression.

"No."

"You come to my place. We'll make you come whether you like it or not, hun."

_________________
updated: 7/8/21

<33 thanks for reading