15

_____

___
__

Your Pov:

  I straightened up my posture, taking a deep inhale, mentally preparing myself. With one stern knock, the door swung open almost immediately, and there  I saw a middle aged woman.

    "Y/N!" She beamed with excitement and I smiled.

"Hi Mrs.Jauregui," I greeted politely.

"Come on in, come on in. Everyone else is in the dining area right now, but you can go ahead and wash your hands in the bathroom. It's down the hall to the left." She stepped aside to leave some space, pointing her head insinuating to head in.

I simply nodded, stepping inside and walking towards the direction she instructed. Entering the strangely bland white walled bathroom, I quickly washed my hands, subconsciously looking at myself in the mirror to reassure myself that it's gonna be alright.

"You can do this Y/N," I whispered to myself.

It's just Lauren and her family. Nothing can go wrong. I air dried my hands before reaching for the towel besides the sink and exited the room, immediately there could be loud chatter be heard. It was a bit embarrassed arriving late, especially as a guest.

Following the distant talking, there my nervous levels peaked to the max as my eyes traveled the table, slowly despising half the people sitting.

I guess I was the only one who didn't get the memo that Lauren's friends were coming.

"Y/N, come sit down." Mike cooed, moving his hand telling me to get closer. Everyone shifted their attention, all eyes either stayed on me or glanced until they continued what they were doing. I hung my head down to ignore all the stares I was receiving. "Hey I'm Taylor," a girl, which seemed to be Lauren's sister, greeted me. She had some of the same features as Lauren, but looked more youthful.

"I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you."  I shifted around my seat to get comfortable and realized I still had stares on me, it didn't help.

"So, let's dig in!" Mike raised his voice, clapping his hands together. I flinched at the sudden loudness.

I grabbed the spoon and fork on either side of the plate, there was already a steak and a few veggies on everyone's plate, including mine. I wondered if they actually grilled these or catered, either way it looked delicious, can't recall the last time I ate something this good.

"How was your day so far Y/N?" Mrs. Jauregui asked as she was cutting her steak. She sat at the other end of the table while her husband sat on then opposite. The seating arrangement was pretty professionally organized, it was like everyone knew where to exactly sit on an occasion like this.

"Uh, it was good," I quietly said. I exchanged my spoon with a knife, cutting into the steak to a line on the edge, I liked eating it in small bits.