2

__________________

_____________
_____

Your pov:

School ended fast and I grabbed my bag walking out. Fuck this place I thought to myself.

I walked home like always. I didn't have a car like most people did at my school. But my house was only a few minutes away so it was fine.

I shoved my hands sticking them in my pockets and started walking on the concrete.

"Hey!" I heard beside me, I looked to my left and I suddenly felt wetness drip all over me.

I gasped aloud at how cold the substance was. I wiped my eyes and saw the five girls in their car laughing at me.

"Oops spilled my drink." Normani said sarcastically. She threw the empty bottle at me but I ducked out of instinct, making her miss.

"Nice aim." I blurted out. My face flushed when I realized.

Her expression changed quickly. She was about to get out of the car but Lauren grabbed her arm, stopping her from doing anything. "My mom is going to be angry if I don't get home on time. Come on," she said. Normani aggressively pushed Lauren's hand off of her.

"Hate smartasses," Normani spat at me as they drove away. I stood there awkwardly watching them drive away.

___

"Mom! Andrew! I'm home!" I shouted dropping my bag. "Upstairs!" I heard, I took off my shoes and quickly walked upstairs.

I walked into my bedroom to get change into some dry clothes, then I walked straight to my mom's bedroom.

I opened my mom's bedroom and there she was on her bed looking lifeless. Her skin was close to being pale as snow and she looked so fragile.

"Hey mom," I said softly.

"Come here Y/N," Andrew said, he was kneeling on the side of the bed. I nodded and walked to the other side kneeling too.

I took my mom's hand and kissed it. Her head slowly turned to me and her eyes opened weakly.

"Oh my baby Y/N is here," she said weakly. She coughed quietly trying to hold it in. I smiled looking at her.

Mom unexpectedly became very ill. The pain was just too much to the point she had to quit her job. The woman could barely move. As for my older brother, Andrew.. well he got a scholarship to NYU for law but sadly declined his offer to take care of mom. He had a once in a lifetime opportunity but he gave it up for us.