I picked up that there was a lot of us, so the workers combined about two tables together to fit all of us in. There was a lot of unfamiliar faces.

"I haven't seen you around work. Who're you?" The man who sat across from me asked.

"I'm Y/N. I'm kinda new. I'm the intern."

"Oh. No wonder I don't know you," he chucked out with a flirty smile. The man was probably around his 20s. He had his black hair gelled to one side and a small rigged beard. A young worker who seemed devoted to what he does, but probably still lives with his parents, or maybe childish. It was quite evident with his all yellow spongebob tie that was covered with various characters all over it.

"Back off Steven." I looked to my right and there was Lauren. she was three seats down from him. She didn't work here, but I assumed her father invited her since her daddy was the big boss. I bet she had all the invites to all the places, including work trips. Wouldn't be surprised if she visited half the states already.

"Yeesh. Tough crowd," the man so called Steven mumbled, turning his head to the other direction to join in another conversation.

  "Did you order yet Y/N?" Lauren asked as she took one of the napkins from the table, removing the contents off of it and putting the napkin on her lap properly.

I shook my head, and in response she furrowed her brows. "You like red pasta?" I nodded at her question. "Good! We can share. I ordered pasta and I know I can't finish the adult size."

If I didn't look puzzled enough, I was now. My face slightly scrunched up from how confused I was at how nice she was being. Sure, it could've been out of professionalism, but still. Was this her way to ignore last night or was this her intention to mock me about it.

"Y/N? Did you hear me?" I looked at her, realizing I zoned out once again, just like I did back at work. How embarrassing. "Uh.."  Madison nudged my side causing me to look at her. She leaned closely and said, "Lauren asked what you wanted to drink."

Madison pulled away, chuckling.

"Are you okay Y/N? You seem a little off?"

"Uhh water."

"Don't tell me that silly. Tell Lauren, she's the one who asked you. You're too cute." Madison smiled at me before continuing her conversation with the man beside her. I let out a small chuckle, facing back to  Lauren to answer her. There was a small glimpse of her staring at Madison with a judgy look, but soon enough shook it off once she saw me looking at her.

"Can I have water Lauren?" She blinked a couple of times, then nodded.

"Waiter! Water please!" Lauren raised her hand and looked behind her trying to get someone's attention.

"Y/N! I didn't know you were here!" I looked up and my face lit up. "Alycia!" I stood up from my seat making my way to her. She jogged towards me, engulfing me in a big hug. I hugged her tightly back. I inhaled her scent which always had a sense of comfort and reminder of home; how strange.

We pulled away, she stared at me then pecked my lips, making me immediately smile. "Why are you here?" I asked. We pulled away, but she kept a hold of my hand.

"I'm here with family." She pointed behind her. "And you?"

"Lunch with coworkers," I copied her and pointed behind me. She peeked behind me, glancing at the amount of people. She looked back to look at at me with disgust. "Lauren? What in the hell is she doing here?" She asked and by her tone she was obviously pissed.

"Well she's-"

"Came to say hello but overheard my name."

I looked to my side to see Lauren standing next to me with her arms crossed, looking at Alycia. "That so? I don't recall inviting you to our conversation Lauren." Alycia spat the last part, flashing an innocent look.

"Oh shut the fuck up. I'll have you know I kissed-"

My eyes widened, stepping in front of Lauren to block her out of Alycia's sight and let out a small awkward laugh. "We better get going. I think food is on the table. I'll talk to you later babe," I quickly interrupted. I instantly pecked her on the lips, saying a quick bye, and dragged Lauren back to the table.

On our way back to the table, I heard Lauren let out a chuckle. "What the hell Lauren."

"Guess you haven't told her yet, huh?"

"Shut up. We can talk about it later."

"Feisty girl."

_______________
updated: 7/6/21