He had removed his shades right before he stopped in front of her.

      “Hi,” he began with a boyish grin, his voice a deep baritone, “I’m Liam Milton. I just arrived here in Heartlake City. I was just wondering if you would be so kind as to direct me to the Office of the School President? I have some things I need to discuss with her so I can get admitted to St. James even if it’s the middle of the semester.”

      Rachelle’s eyes sparked with interest. “Call me Rach. So you’re going to study here?”

      “Yeah. Unexpected things happened so I had to finish high school here instead of in Canada.”

      He was starting to become more and more interesting.

      “I see. We’ll see each other again then.” She waved her hand to begin with the directions. “You just have to turn right then it’s at the end of that hallway. The one with the mahogany double-doors.”

      Liam glanced to where she had pointed then nodded. “Thanks! I hope I get to be friends with you when I managed to enter.”

      Rachelle covertly studied him from head to toe, deliberately delaying a reply for a few seconds. “Oh, you will. I’m sure of it.”

      His grin grew wider. “Thanks.” And then he went off, reflected lights following him.

      Whispers had begun the moment Liam removed his sunglasses but when he disappeared in the hallway, the whispers turned into lively conversations. The words ‘Liam’, ‘handsome’, ‘hot’ and the like, echoed in the lobby.

      Grace and Rachelle sighed dreamily.

      Nick snorted. “You didn’t even bother to introduce your friends.”

      Rachelle turned to him with a half-apologetic look. “I can’t possibly expect him to wait for me to introduce everyone. You heard what he said. He had more urgent matters to attend to.” She placed her hand on Nick’s arm then smiled mischievously. “I’ll introduce you to him next time, ‘kay?”

      Grace and Lia sighed again.

      It caught Rachelle’s attention and she laughed softly. “Apparently, men get hotter by wearing cool shades.”

      Grace nodded as she stared at Liam’s black car. “And more so, if he’s driving a Porsche Cayman S.”

      Rachelle and Lia’s eyes narrowed on her while Nick and the other boys laughed.

      “So you’re gaping at his car? You don’t find him hot or handsome or whatever you girls call boys that catch your interest?” Nick asked, a confident grin forming on his face.

      “Huh?” Grace looked dumbfounded. “Oh? Yeah. He’s handsome, alright.”

      The boys began to look crestfallen.

      “But, his car,” she said with a sigh. “That’s the car of my dreams.” She eyed everyone. “To be honest, I’d rather admire it more than its owner.”

      Silence welcomed that admission but before long, they had all laughed at Grace’s unusual statement.

      “Now I know why you’ve never had a boyfriend,” Rachelle told her matter-of-factly.

      “Hey, maybe she just has different tastes,” was Nick’s defense of Grace.

      Rachelle smiled knowingly at them then shrugged. “O-kay. If you say so.” After less than a few seconds, “Do you think Liam would like me?”