Chapter 64: Know Thy Enemy

"Hello, Holly," Isobel said coldly, ignoring Jenna. "It's nice to see you again."

Jenna turned towards a stunned Holly who didn't know what to say, what was Isobel doing here? "Again?"

Isobel didn't bother answering. "So you're the woman dating my husband, I need to speak to my daughters, may come in?"

"No," Holly said sharply as she stood in front of Jenna. "Don't invite her in."

"I need to talk to you, Holly-"

"Well, I don't want to talk to you," Holly said sharply as she closed the door and looked at Jenna who looked near tears. "Jenna, let me-"

"Did you knew? Did all of you knew that Isobel was still alive?" she squeaked, she looked at Holly's guilty face. "No, no."

She raced up stairs and locked herself in her room, Holly tried to open it. "Jenna, please let me explain . . . Jenna!"

"Hey, is she up yet?" Alaric asked the girls when they opened the door early the next morning. "Have you tried to explain things to her?"

Elena shook her head. "She won't let Holly or me in, I feel terrible."

Alaric groaned. "We're going to have to fix this girls."

Jenna suddenly came walking downstairs fully dressed, though her eyes were still puffy. She ignored the weak hellos. "I don't want you here, Ric you need to go I don't want to hear your excuses."

Elena noticed the bag. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to campus, I have thesis to write and I don't want to be in this house." She said icily. "Holly and Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's and accept the historical check for your mom's foundation."

"All right, but Jenna-"Holly began.

"Don't." Jenna said as she closed the door. "I don't want to hear any more lies from either of you."

"Let her go," John said as he came out from the kitchen. "It's better that she's not here. Maybe if you have been a little bit more honest from the beginning-"

Alaric cut him off by punching him across the face. "I'm sorry girls," without bothering to say anything else he closed the door.

Elena smiled at John. "You do know that this is your fault, right?"

"Right."

"Wait, so Matt knows about vampires?" Holly questioned Stefan who was sitting on Elena's bed. Apparently, Jonas had attacked him and Caroline had given him blood to save his life which only added to his confusion.

"No, not in a sense," Stefan explained. "But he has a lot of questions. He's confused and wondering about Vicki."

Holly gave a nervous chuckle. "Well, that's not good." Especially since she had killed Vicki.

"Stefan, girls, can you come to the kitchen please?" John asked. The three of them exchanged confused gazes as they went into the kitchen. They found Isobel.

"You invited her in?" Holly hissed at John.

"I asked for a do over." Isobel said.

"She has information about Klaus," John explained. "Just hear her out, please."

Stefan sighed. "All right what do you know?"

Seconds later they were all settled in the kitchen. "I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chances was to find him, before he found Elena so that we could keep Elena safe."