Chapter 32: Fool Me Once Part II

"But why didn't the locator spell worked when I did it?" Holly sighed as she put a glass of water on Sheila's knitting table. "I did it twice."

Sheila sighed as she looked at her. "You sometimes lack confidence Holly, especially when you're stressed. Clear your mind, practice, don't let your fear control you. Are you still having those nightmares?"

She shook her head. "No, only when the witches want something, I'm like their messenger. And no, I'm not lucky." She tapped her foot impatiently. "Where are Bonnie and Elena?"

"We're here." Elena said as she came to the door, followed by Bonnie. Holly immediately hugged them both.

"Are you all right?" Holly whispered.

Elena nodded. "We're going to open the tomb," she looked at Bonnie and Sheila's shocked faces. "It's the only way that Damon will leave, he won't leave until he gets Katherine back."

"No!" Bonnie snapped. "He doesn't deserve to get what he wants."

"What else can we do, Bonnie?" Holly asked. "I don't want anyone, dying do you?"

Sheila sighed. "Witches are always being pulled down by vampire problems. I'll open the tomb. You get your brothers' girl and we'll destroy the rest of them with fire, then we'll finally have peace."

Stefan sighed. "We have to get Damon to agree."

"He already agreed once." Elena pointed out.

"But we double crosses him, he won't trust us again." Holly sighed. "But he trusted me and I broke his trust, and now I'm going to get it back."

Damon was just putting up his jacket when the doorbell rang, he wasn't surprised when he saw Holly though she looked calmer than usual. "You're not furious I'm guessing Elena is alive."

"She is," Holly clarified. "Stefan saved her."

"Ah, yes Stefan ever the white knight," Damon said sarcastically. "What do you want Holly?"

"I conceived Bonnie and her grams to help you." Holly blurted out, shuffling from foot to foot. "And I'm sorry that I lied to you last night, I just felt that there was no other option. I know you don't trust me, but I am willing to help you. I want you to get Katherine back, so can't you please trust me?"

Damon didn't speak for a moment. He patted her cheek, damn these brown doe eyes, they made him weak. "Fine, I'm trusting you. Don't make me regret it."

"The Duke Party, I forgot it was today." Holly announced as Damon parked his car in the woods later than night. It was filled with drunk students and a bonfire. "I hope they stay away from the church."

"Your hope, not mine." Damon said simply as he opened the car.

"Holly!" Matt and Caroline greeted her. "Glad your could make it, where's Elena?"

"Oh, she's coming." She saw the way that Caroline was glaring at Damon. "Damon this my friend, Matt, Matt this is Stefan's older brother Damon."

Matt offered his hand. "Hey, nice to meet you."

Damon ignored him as he pulled Holly's wrist. "Come on, Holly."

"You could at least pretend to be nice," Holly hissed once they were far away

"Why bother? They are only dessert. Kidding, God get a sense of humor." They reached the tomb where Bonnie, Sheila, Stefan, and Elena were already waiting. "Witches. Brother. Elena." He let go off Holly's hand and went into the church.

"You ok?" Elena asked.

Holly nodded. "I just want this to be over."

"Air. Earth. Fire." Sheila nodded approvingly as Stefan light up the torches. Bonnie began sprinkling the ground with water. "Water."

Elena frowned. "From the tap. Isn't it supposed to be blessed water or something?"

"Who's that for?" Stefan said noticing the blood bag.

"Katherine." Damon said simply. "It should get her going, she hasn't feed in over a hundred years. Unless your girl is offering to tap a vein." Elena glared at him.

Bonnie looked up. "We're ready."

Sheila shook her head. "Now let's get in position, Bonnie you're on my side, Holly-"

"No, Holly is not working with you." Holly raised an eyebrow at Damon. "And don't give me that wounded puppy look, this is a difficult spell and with Holly's track record she will probably end up dead, you two on the other hand don't matter."

"Damon." Holly hissed. "I can handle myself."

"You wanted me to trust you didn't you?" Damon argued. "Then don't go back on your word. The Bennett witches can handle it."

Holly opened her mouth to protest. "It's ok, Holly." Bonnie interrupted her. "We can handle it." They started chanting. Everyone was quiet until the tomb opened.

"It worked." Bonnie squealed.

Damon grinned at his brother. "You've got some fires to build."

Stefan nodded. "The gasoline is outside." He kissed Elena's forehead. "Be right back."

Once Stefan was gone, Damon grasped Elena's arm. "You ready?"

"What?" she squeaked.

Damon looked back. "You think I'm going to go inside and let you seal me? Fat chance."

"Don't take her in!" Sheila ordered. "I'll bring the walls down."

"I would like to see you try."

"Wait," Holly interrupted. "I'll go with you, that way we can both come out. Don't you trust me?"

The inside of the tomb was cold and it smelled like rotting garbage and mint, it was also incredibly dark. Holly hated to admit it, but it looked like this came from a horror movie, Damon's torch wasn't helping either,

Holly flinched when she heard whispers. "What is that?"

"They can sense you. Where is she?" Damon murmured as he vamped flash.

"Damon!" Holly hissed. Great, just when she needed him, he decided to leave. Now where was the exit? "Damon! Damon where are-"Holly felt herself trip. She forced herself up and screamed when she saw that she was on top of mummified vampire bodies.

She quickly sat up and started dusting off her clothes. She turned around and saw a strange dark hair girl.

The girl smiled. "We haven't meet. I'm Anna." She flashed the flashlight towards Holly. "You act like you don't like any of this, but you just keep running back to the murder, and the blood, and the bodies. Strange."

"What do you want?" Holly managed to ask as she bumped into someone.

Anna's face softened. "Mother!" she stroked Pearl's gray face. She glared at Holly. "Your sister's boyfriend did this."

"No," Holly snapped. "His father did."

Anna stood up. "And Jonathan Gilbert, your ancestor. I made a pact a long time ago that Gilbert blood would bring her back to life." Before Holly could even blink Anna grabbed her wrist and bit on it, until blood poured out. She pressed Holly's wrist into Pearl's mouth and Pearl began sucking.

Holly tried to pull away, but Anna held strong.