Chapter 62: The Dinner Party

"So did you get anything out of Elijah?" Holly questioned, she, Damon, and Alaric were sitting at a small table at the Grill. Holly knew that Ric had meet up with Jenna and Elijah this morning.

"No, it was boring, but of course Jenna thought he was charming." Alaric said bitterly.

"Now, is not the time to get jealous," a slow smirk appeared on his face. "Well, here comes Jenna and her new boyfriend."

"Hey guys." Jenna forced a smile and Holly knew that her aunt was only being polite to Damon, because she had asked her too.

"Hi, Aunt Jenna." Holly said trying not to feel weird that Elijah was there a well. "I heard that you had an interesting history lesson this morning."

"You could say that."

Holly saw that Alaric was looking tense, apparently Elijah was more intimidating than Holly thought. A quick idea entered her head. "I know how about we have a dinner party? Or you know just dine?" she stumbled. "I would love to hear all about it."

"Oh, my girl always full of good ideas," Damon tried to kiss her cheek, but Holly pressed a hand to his lips. "I would be happy to host, so tonight?"

Jenna looked confused. "I guess."

"Elijah?"

Elijah smirked. "It would be my pleasure."

"Great." Damon said.

"I still don't know how you roped me into this," Jenna said as she and Holly set up the Salvatore's dining table for the dinner. They were putting plates, utensils, and goblets, while Holly was trying to control her nervousness.

Damon had confirmation from Katherine herself that the dagger that John had given him would kill an Original and Damon was going to do it tonight and that made Holly nervous.

"Sorry, I was just feeling in a party mood." She looked at her aunt, "Is everything ok, with you and Ric, you seem tense?"

Jenna didn't look up. "Yeah, we have had a few problems, it's just I feel that he's not telling me something and it doesn't help that your uncle John is whispering things in my ear about him."

"Don't listen to John," she said sharply. "He's always full of lies, ask Ric he'll tell you the truth."

The doorbell rang and Holly put down the plate and went to answer the door, she frowned. "Uncle John-"

"Hello, Holly," John stepped inside. "I wasn't aware that you were going to be here, Holly."

"Well, neither we're we," Damon snapped as he put a hand on her shoulder. "Get lost."

"Well, I couldn't miss your dinner party, especially with all the games you must be planning." John noticed Damon's hand on Holly's shoulder. "If you want to die, then fine but don't involve my daughter in your messes."

Holly scoffed. "Oh, please don't act like a protective father, I was dead to you the minute I became a vampire." She turned around. "And there are no games, John this is just a friendly dinner party."

There was tension in the dining room even though there were six people in the room, Holly wondered if she would be able to get through this dinner without fainting and Elijah had been nothing but pleasant which made her all the more nervous. Jenna was pouring a glass of wine for Elijah when she said. "Guess what Damon according to Elijah, your family is not a founder in this town."

"Hmm, do tell."

Elijah put down his fork. "Well, as I was telling Jenna some settlers arrived here during the 17th century during the Salem Witch trials, they eventually formed a community and had become settled for hundreds of years. Rumors has it that eventually some witches were trailed and burnt and that you could heard their screams from miles away."