Chapter 61: Crying Wolf

"You're dating Damon Salvatore?" Both Caroline and Bonnie demanded the next morning at the Grill. Holly fought the urge to roll her eyes, why did everyone always use that tone of surprise? They made it sound like Holly was dating Satan, which in a way she kind of was, but still would it kill them to be a little more supportive?

Elena had sheepishly apologized before going on a romantic trip with Stefan to the lake house while Jenna had merely frowned and warn Holly to always carry pepper spray like that would help.

"Come on, lay it on me." Holly said trying to appear nonchalant. "Tell me that I'm a horrible person and what could possibly be going through my head, believe me I've heard it all before."

Bonnie looked at her guiltily. "We weren't going to say that-"

"Uh, yes we were Bonnie we're her friends." Caroline focused her determined eyes on Holly. "And I'm here to tell you friend to friend that Damon is a creep, you're so nice and sweet and even though you can be extremely sarcastic at times that doesn't mean that you deserve someone like Damon-"

"Caroline it's my decision," Holly said firmly. "I know Damon has done a lot of horrible things to you, to my family, to me . . . but I can't help how I feel about him."

Bonnie raised a pointed look at her. "Fine, but we did try to warn you, now where's your prince charming?"

"He went to the founder party at the Lockwood's." She took a nervous sip of her drink. "Says he wants to meet Elijah personally."

"So, Bonnie," Caroline turned towards the witch. "What big witch plan have you cooked up?"

"Well, we still don't know the extent of Elijah's plan." Bonnie admitted. "So I'm going to ask Luka what he knows."

"And he's not going to tell you anything."

Bonnie stood up. "Well, he's not going to have a choice, I have a plan."

Since Caroline was still a little sad over Matt and confused about the kiss that she and Tyler had shared, Holly had volunteered to help Bonnie charm some answers from Luka. Bonnie grinned as they approached Luka with a cup of coffee. He was playing pool.

"We come bearing coffee gifts."

"Sweet," Luka smiled, his eyes focusing on Bonnie. He turned to Holly. "And who's your friend?"

"Holly." Holly said. "Holly Gilbert, your father saved me the night that I was being attacked by wolves, so thank you."

"My pleasure." Luka looked around the table. "Want to play a game."

Bonnie and Holly exchanged looks. "Yeah."

Luka began settling down the pieces when suddenly he stumbled and gripped the table. "What the-"

Bonnie mumbled. "I'm sorry, it's going to be ok." Holly noticed that Luka was about to passed out and she gripped his shoulder, a few seconds later Jeremy came to help.

"Wow, whatever witchy thing you did must have be strong." Jeremy said with an admiration.

Bonnie smiled. "It was."

They took a passed out Luka to Caroline's house and set him in the living room. Caroline came in holding dozens of candles. "These were all that I could find and we better hurry, my mom is coming in an hour or two."

"Place them evenly around the room." She noticed Holly's confused face. "I'm going to put them in a sort of trance and asked him questions."

Holly gaped. "You can do that?"

Bonnie nodded. She closed her eyes and the candles lit up.

"Never going to get used to that." Jeremy laughed.

Caroline put her hands on her hips. "Oh, come on that's hot and you know it."

"I need a bowl of water."

Jeremy stumbled on his legs. "I'll get it."

Once Jeremy left Caroline whispered. "He is so crushing on you!"

"So." Bonnie said avoiding Holly's gaze.

"So would you rather be with traitor warlock over here?"

"I'm not into Luka," Bonnie pointed out. "He's only a friend, besides he's Holly and Elena's little brother."

"Bon, if you want to date him that's fine," Holly smiled. "Besides Jeremy is not so little anymore and there's only a handful of people that can understand what we are."

Bonnie smiled, but didn't say anything.

"I have the bowl." Jeremy said as he came into the room. Bonnie dipped her fingers inside the bowl of water and pressed them against Luka's forehead and she started chanting.

"How long is this going to take?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know he's fighting me." Luka started moving around on the floor, mumbling. Bonnie pressed her hands tighter. "Why are you working with Elijah?"

"We want to kill Klaus, he has something of ours."

"What does he have?"

"My sister."

"Why does he have her?"

"He wants to undo the curse without a doppelganger." He said. "He's been forcing witches to help him for centuries."

"What has Elijah promised you?"

"That he will return her to us."

"And how do you kill an Original vampire?"

"No, I can't tell you." Luka struggled. "He'll kill me!"

"Tell me."

Luka moaned. "After the sacrifice Klaus will be vulnerable and that's when we'll kill him."

Caroline frowned. "After does that mean that Elena has to die?"

"Yes, Elena is supposed to die."

Jeremy looked at Holly. "No."

Holly simply said. "I know."

"What happened?" Holly frowned when she entered the Salvatore house, she saw that Damon's clothes were bloody and that some scars were healing. "Oh, god are you ok?"

"I'm fine." He said as he removed a wooden stake from his leg. "I meet Elijah and he was lovely."

"Elijah did this to you?" she shook her head. "No, he couldn't he promise-"

"Calm down, Elijah saved me." Damon explained. "Jules and her gang of wolves attacked me and he killed them. He kept your promise." He looked at her. "Speaking of which, why didn't you tell me that you knew that Elena needed to die and that you and her had agreed to the rules?"

"I don't know, I guess I was just kind of in denial," Holly plopped down next to him on the couch. "I don't want her to die Damon, but I've tried to see every outcome of the possibility, but I just can't and unless we can find another human doppelganger I don't see how we can." She broke off. "I don't want her to die Damon, but I don't know what else to do."

Damon wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed the side of her forehead. "Don't worry, Holly we'll figure out another way I promise."