Chapter 43: Isobel Part II

The next morning things seemed to go from bad to worse. They were forced to spend the entire afternoon at the school painting floats for the Founder's Day parade and she still didn't know why Isobel wanted a device that could destroy vampires, being that she was a vampire herself.

"We need more blue paint, Holly!" Caroline shouted. "There's more in the storage room."

Holly sighed as she put down her paintbrush, she was on her way to the storage room when she saw her. Isobel. She looked for Elena for backup, but she was talking to Bonnie and wouldn't be able to hear her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she hissed.

Isobel gave her a fake smile. "I'm your mother, Holly I want to be more involved in your life, how pathetic it may be, and just a little heads up put away your little magic words or you will regret it."

Holly crossed her arms over her chest. "What do you want Isobel? I doubt you want to get to know me, because you have clearly shown your disinterest."

"I've been studying you out Holly," Isobel ignored Holly's remark. "And I know you have a lot of people in your life, your twin Elena who outshines you in so many ways that you can never achieve. You will always be the bad twin, the one who pushes people away and would rather run away than face her own problems. A coward."

Holly flinched.

"And there's your best friend, Bonnie another witch got to stay way from that one." She narrowed her eyes towards Caroline. "And obnoxious Caroline, I got all of my info from her by the way, she doesn't know how to shut up. Sad little brother Jeremy who pissed at both you and Elena for keeping him out of the vampire world, but even more at you for killing the love of his life."

"So you got a few fun facts." Holly said hoping that she didn't sound scared. "And what are you going to do with it?"

Isobel blinked. "This."

A second later a scream was heard. Matt's scream, apparently the float had fallen on his leg and people were anxiously getting help. "Matt." Isobel pushed away Holly's arm. "I can easily tear you to pieces."

"Can you?" Isobel cocked an eyebrow. "Because from what I heard you have a hard time controlling your magic, can't be too easy without all of the creepy visits in your head. I don't want to hurt you Holly or your little friends, but I will if I don't get what I want."

"Jonathan Gilbert's invention." Holly snapped. "You do know that is destroys vampires, why do you want it?"

"I'm aware and that's none of your concern. Have Damon give it to you."

"Damon will never give it to me."

Isobel smirked. "Then you have no idea how much Damon cares about you."

"He will rather die than give it to you and for once I agree with him."

"Will that be before or after I kill your brother Jeremy?"

Holly turned around, Jeremy had been painting the set with Tyler, but now he was gone. "Jeremy?"

"Absolutely not." Damon snapped flatly as he stared at Bonnie, Holly, Stefan, and Elena who had come storming towards his house the minute that they were sure that Jeremy was missing and was in the hands of Isobel. "Are you crazy? The device can destroy vampires, Isobel will probably give it to John who will kill us."

"Just hear us out, Damon." Elena replied. "Bonnie can take away its power."

"You?" Damon raised an eyebrow at Bonnie. "Why not Holly?"

"The device was spelled by a Bennett, so only a Bennett can remove the spell." Holly pointed out. "And Bonnie has gotten really good at magic and John and Isobel will never know."

Damon narrowed his eyes. "I don't trust her, I'll get Jeremy my own way."

"Really?" Stefan demanded. "Because John is human and Isobel is a vampire who could kill Jeremy in seconds."

"And you think Bonnie can remove the spell," Damon scoffed. "No offense, but I don' trust you."

"I will remove it," Bonnie said coldly. "And you're right you can't trust me."

Holly sighed. "Damon, please Jeremy is my brother, my family."

Damon let out an irritated sigh as he handed the device back to Bonnie. "Fine, but it better work."

"Here she comes," Elena whispered to Holly, they were in the middle of town square after dark. Holly clutched the device harder as she watched Isobel approach them followed by two vampires. Even though Damon and Stefan were right behind her, Holly couldn't help but feel a bit lonely.

Ever since she found out she was adopted she had been wondering was kind of person her birth mother was, it was kind of disappointed to find a monster in her place.

"Where's our brother?" Elena demanded.

"Safe." Isobel replied. "Thanks to your Uncle John, I see you brought bodyguards, now where's the device?"

"Were you even going to hurt him?" Holly wondered as she gave Isobel the device.

"No, I was going to kill him." She saw a brief disappointment in Holly's face. "Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me, Holly I don't have any."

"Thank you." Elena blurted out. "For being such a monumental disappointment, keeps the memory of my real mother perfectly intact."

Isobel smirked. "Goodbye Holly, Elena." She eyed the Salvatore brothers. "Oh word of advice, ditch the Salvatore brothers, they might be your prince charming now, but they will be your ruin. Katherine was smart, she got away. But we both know that neither of you are Katherine."

"Elena." Holly said as they watched Isobel walk away. "Jeremy knows about vampires, about us, about the fact that I kill Vicki."

Elena looked startled. "How?"

"He read your diary and he's getting information from Anna," Holly replied. "You need to talk to him, maybe he'll listen to you, and hopefully he doesn't get dragged into this mess."