Part 24

Holy crap guys 1k!!!?? Thank you soo soo sooooo much. I don't even know what say. Thank your for all of you who have read my book all the way! Just like thank you! Enjoy :)
____________________________

Lillian
I felt like I was trudging through thick sticky mud. It left me exhausted and I hadn't gone anywhere.

I could see the light but I couldn't get to it. It was something thick and murky blocking me from getting there.

I wanted to yell for help but I couldn't.
I couldn't see the world I could only see the light that seemed to get further and further away. I pushed all my energy into getting to it.
_________
Lucas's POV

Her hand tensed. I swore I felt it. Her breathing hitched.

"Doc!" I yelled.

The doors burst opened.

"What's wrong?"

"She tensed and her breath hitched," I said worried.

The doctor rushed over and put his hands on her and felt around.

He turned towards me. "She's fine but she wants to get up and she's trying, but she can't.  She dosent have enough energy. Talk her out of it, tell her that her pack is ok or she'll hurt herself."

As the doctor left the room I bent over my mate.

"Hey little alpha its me Lucas. I'm so glad your alive. You don't have to wake up now, no ones rushing you, you don't have enough energy." I said.

I stroked her face, "your my world and if takes you eternity to wake up I'll wait that long. My point is don't rush, you have a bunch of pack members that are willing to help with the pack. I'm so proud of you," I said kissing her.

I saw her visibly relax and her breathing go back to a relaxed pace.

I sat back in the chair relieved.
__________
Lillian's POV
"Your my world and if I have to wait eternity for you to wake up I will," he said.

Any panic that I had left me once I heard his sweet voice. I collapsed into another deep sleep.

Two days later:
My eyes finally pealed open. I squinted at how bright it was.

I moaned and tried to sit up. Hands pushed me back down.

"Lillian baby shhh lay back down," Lucas's sweet gentle voice.

"Lucas," my voice cracked at how parched it was.

"It's me," he smiled rubbing my cheek. He got up and got me a cup of water and came back handing it to me.  I downed it.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"You were poisoned with wolfsbane," he said angrily.

I tried to growl but I couldn't.

"I'm sorry, I should've been more alert," I said.

"Little alpha this isn't your fault, you can't see or smell wolfsbane." Lucas said.

I sighed, "what happened after that?"

"I rushed you in here. Your heart almost stopped, but they saved you. I still have you." He said almost like he was reassuring himself.

"What else?" I said with a silent tear escaping my eye.

"I almost tore down the house trying to get to you. Conner took me away because I was loosing it," he said as a tear rolled down his cheek to.  "I'm having everybody go through a security check. I'm going to kill whoever did it." He growled.

"Lucas-"

He shook his head, "we'll discuss it when you get better."  " the doctor said wolfsbane sucks the energy out of you so you need to rest ok?"

I nodded feeling pretty exhausted, "does the pack know I'm ok?"

"Yes they were worried about you, but the only person allowed in here right now is me and the doctors." Lucas said. "I made sure of that."

I nodded feeling sleepy.

Lucas sensing this pulled the sheets up some more and kissed my head, "Go to sleep Lillian I can take care of your pack."

"But I want you to be ok," I murmered.

"I'll be fine," He said as he closed the door.

My eyes drooped clothes and I fell asleep again.

____________________

Lucas's POV:

I closed the door behind me and turned to see Jenna and Conner.

"How is she?" Jenna asked impatiently.

"She woke up, but she's exhausted you can see it." I said sadly, "Who would do this?"

"I don't know. We've questioned about half the pack and their all innocent, at least we think." Conner said.

I shook my head. "She won't be able to defend herself if anything happens. I want two guards by the doors ok? Their will be shifts."

"Yes Lucas," Conner said before walking away to organize the shifts.

I turned to Jenna who was pacing. "She'll be fine Jenna I won't let anything happen to her and neither will her pack." I said.

Jenna stopped pacing and looked at me. "I know but we'll never truly know if were safe."

I sighed," I guess your right."

Jenna looked one more time at the door that led to my mate, "I'm going to go help Conner," she said before scurrying off.

I looked around.  I could tell everyone could feel it. Our pack was growing as the days went on. The demon's hadn't attacked yet, but I could feel that war was in the air.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another chapter!

Thanks again for 1k!

Thanks for reading

Vote

Comment

Share

Stay beautiful :)