Chapter 25

I've migrated from my closet to my bed. I do go out for an hour, and since Chris is in physical therapy he can't come over as often and harass me about getting off my ass.

But today was the day he finally got out. But hes still kind of out of commission. I sat there reading a magazine when I heard the booming steps of someone one. It was obviously Chris. I giggled covering my face with the magazine. I called it. Chris open the door and pulled me up. "Come on. You been in here all week" he said.

"So?" I asked.

"Go outside or I'll put you on an ice berg in the middle of the ocean?" He said.

"I'm not leaving" I said.

"I bet I can persuade you' He said trying to pull me off.

"Actually I am quite comfortable, would you care to join me? I asked patting the pillow near me. He contemplated the offer. I slid over as Chris laid belly down. He must still be exhausted.

I looked at him and felt his hair. "You already washed it?" I asked.

He smiled. "Yeah I was sitting in a bed for 7 days. Without a shower, it's gross" he said.

I kissed his forehead. "Alright let me get up" I mumble rolling off the bed. I opened my laptop to look a look at the news.

Guess who was calling me out again? Joey, he's trying to talk. Since I'm the only one who isn't injured badly, I saw the article. I narrowed my eyes. This was the fucker that hurt my team. My fist clentching with rage. Oh how quickly my emotions changed I couldn't help but glance at Chris who was listening to the report. His eyes weren't on me, but they were gauging my body language. I don't know how long he was watching my body tense but I knew I couldn't hide it anymore

I bounced off the floor and changed. I looked in the mirror and cleaned my face

"No" He sat up immediately. I got up and stretched.

"I'm beating his ass" I hissed. I picked up a candy bar and smiled at him.

"Jamie please don't. What if you don't come back."

"I WILL come back."

"Jamie."

"Chris I'll be fine. I need this. I need to kick his ass."

"Please Jamie." He looked at me as if he wanted to use his powers on me. I felt bad because we both knew he didn't have the strength to hold me back. "I won't be there. No one will. What if he has another bullet? What if this is the attack that takes your powers and kills you."

I sat back on the bed to give him a little peck. I held his face as he stared at me angrily he already knew what I was going to do. "Chris... I... need to do this. You said I was strong than I know. I can handle this." I let go and stood up.

He shot ice towards my door and held onto my shirt. He was out of breath. He murmured several curses out of pain. He wasn't even ok with using his own powers. All the more reason to knock Joey's ass. "Jamie. I swear. Joey knows your every move... how in the hell..... do you expect to beat him?" I pulled his hand off and held it. Usually people get their hopes up when this happens. I gave a soft smile and cocked my head. Chris gave me a cold look. He knows it wasnt a sign of reassurement. I let go of his hand and broke the ice off with my elbow. "Don't watch the computer."

I looked at Chris who's arms were crossed. I heard him whispering to himself. "Don't die I guess."

"I promise I'll be back."