Chapter 9

"Jamie and Lauren, you're going under cover to an inhuman trading system" Gramps said

"Why?" she asked.

"Humans are selling inhumans they use the females for profit and the males for labor.

"What's going to stop them from doing it again?" I asked.

"You find the boss and threaten him. Take what he's got." He said.

"Well we're going as slaves?" I asked

"No shit Sherlock" she said.

"You're going in and coming straight out, you don't want to see what they do to attempted escapers"

"Alright alright" I said. Lauren had a devilish smile. I glared at her but ignored it anyway. "What are you waiting for? Go!" He asked we ran out and through the sewers.

"Honestly I can't believe, I have to work with you" she said.

I didn't say a word. But I heard chains from a block down. "I hear them" I said hopping over the river of sewage. I was greeted by an open space with lanterns and men digging holes and building houses, they were in chains. I grieved for them and slowly began to let them loose, but they didn't stop. "Mind control" I said.

"Hands up, and stay right where you are" a man said.

"Lauren duplicate" I mumbled. She wasn't there.  "Just like Carly said, I was left out to dry" I sighed

I was scanned and put into my own little room. I glared at the others who had several people in one cell. It was obvious this is a torture prison.

"Good afternoon my stray kitty" a man said.

"You can't torture me like them" I said.

"Are you sure" he said clamping something on my neck. "What the hell?" I asked trying to pull it, but it squeezed tighter. I felt my powers draining a bit. Like I said I have to breath for my powers to work.

I can die from suffocation. I'm vulnerable now.

"Now try an break out without powers" he said motioning a guard. I was punched in the gut and thrown around. I laughed a bit. "Is that so." I asked unphased. I figured out how to regulate my breathing in the clamp. I stood up and punched the guard back.

"You know we don't usually let women build but you have capability" he said.

I was pulled out into the open area, we built two statues in the matter 6 hours. We built the mayor twice, it sickened me how much we inhumans knew his face. They said the statues were always sent to the island. I can't imagine waking up and seeing his ugly face.

You wouldn't believe my shock when I found the Mayor in the dimly lit room where the boss was. I've never seen him this up close. I still had my hearing so I caught a few. "Theses inhuman will do great, send them to the island of Solitude  next month."

"Mayor Dewey. He would be the one to run a shit show like this" I shook my head in disbelief

"That's Dewey I bet you can take him" A guy next to me said. Dewey glared at me for a while then looked away and walked away.

I looked at Lauren right out of that at same building kissing the cheek of the mayor "Thank you daddy."

He pushed her away  "You can't be seen here" he said. She nodded, she turns and she's wearing a uniform that the guards would wear. "Lauren that two timing-"

"She's coming" Some one said.

"Ah Jamie" she said. I socked her and her face regenerated. She duplicated into multiples and tried to beat me up but she's a kitten, but when she jabbed me with her gun, my face got all dirty. I had my clothes ripped and my cuts around me.

"You treat me with respect" she said. "I guess I'll have the lab make these clamps stronger."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Because you're here. I have to make sure my invention is on your neck" she said. "I'm going back to Ben. I hope you enjoy the Island. "

"Why kill not me now?" I asked.

"So we know how to deal with more freaks of nature like you. You have been the strongest that has come by." She said going back into one person. She tugged at the collar at my neck and it tightened and I wheezed and coughed. It loosened up slightly. And I glared at her as she walked away

---------------(a week)-------

It's getting even harder to breathe and my vision has been dizzy.

I've haven't slept in a week, building and barely getting enough oxygen to survive the night and I haven't seen Lauren once.  I've been plotting to escape. I've seen the humans drop dead next to me, I'm to innocent for this, every day I grow weak and tired.

"It's done" I said.

"Women and children first" I said. They shouldn't have had the ground dirt, we made a hole to the surface, the plan was to flee to the next city, New Haven City, is hell.

"What's going on here", the boss asked?

I went over to him and reached f0r him through the bars. He opened the cell and reached for the clamp. I snapped his knee cap and dragged him towards the center, the guards were running towards me and grabbed for my neck all over again.

"I'm dissapointed, I am a 16 year old girl half your size maybe you shou-"

Someone came from behind and pulled it hard enough where I gagged and I finally crippled over, all my pain from the past week hit me like a tsunami. I guess I'm not that strong yet. The boss grabbed a gun and tried to shoot my shoulder. The bullet bounced off my skin but still stung a little bit.

"Do this nonsense again and I'll personality make your life a living hell." I yelled throwing a rock at his hands. I limped towards a hammer and threatened to throw it. "Now take this shit off." I pointed at my neck.

"You can't" He said I put my hand on my neck and screamed

"Don't test me" I said limping holding my stomach. This is a dumb bluff. I won't be able to do it.

I threw a hammer at him, and he was hit on the head I spat on him and wobbled into the sewers where the hide out should be. I walked aimlessly around still not knowing where the hell I was going.

My hearing skills is still working but all I could hear is my stomach crying in pain. I had and dirt all over my ripped costume.

With this clamp, this girl doesn't come unarmed. I had a gun in my back pocket while I struggled to go back home. I finally saw Tony holding a heavy tool box into a door. "There" I whispered and limps after him. I watched as he opened the first locked door. I dove for him and put in the second passcode. I slammed open that door and people were staring at me. I couldn't really see, but there was fire, so I think that was Ben

I leaned into a box. "Where is Lauren?" I snapped.

"Are you ok?" Chris asked. I had a headache and my eyes were blurring.

"I'm asking the questions" I said grabbing his shirt. I stood up tall and looked around.

"Lauren" Tony yelled. She hummed an innocent tune. She came out with a small hidden remote. The remote to close the clamp. I pulled out the gun and aimed. She pressed the button and my neck shut: I collapsed due to lack of air and slept, for the first time in a long time.