Chapter 15

I look over the street leading to the house and the NSA stepped foreword. "We only want Monroe!" They shouted. I put my hands up.

"Isn't it illegal to hunt-"

"We have a warrant to arrest you. You are a criminal."

"Since when?" I hissed.

"Since Dewey decided it." An officer hissed.

"Dani run and get the others."

"Where are you going? " Dani yelled.

"We can't go anywhere....... I have to go with them....." I mumbled. 

"My brothers will pry and ask me where you went " she whined.

"You got this girl, tell them what happened" I said. I glared at her intensely.  "I want to find out the truth. I want to find his reasoning for all this." I said.

"Jay! What's.... is that the-" Chris came rushing towards us. Dani used her telepathy to push him away from us.

"They aren't going to let us all leave." I yelled. I stepped closer and they hustled towards me. "Trust me this time... you guys get back home."

"On the ground Monroe!" One said.

I knelt down and the cuff me and put something around my waist and neck. My breathing became abnormal. When they stood me up I felt truly like a dangerous criminal.  They tossed me in the back of their armored van and started driving back towards the city
----------
Dewey looked through the window. "Do you know why I've been mayor 7 times?" He asked.

"No and I don't really.....care..." I said.

"Well because the crime in this city is unbearable, and the freaks are even worst" He turned ignoring my comment.

"That's because you keep incarcerating the inhumans who technically would be the majority here if it weren't for you...."

"You know why I jail the freaks?" He asked again.

"Because freaks aren't normal, we are defective, and should be eradicated" I pouted

"How did you know?" He asked shock.

"Because I have to deal with your bratty daughter" I hissed.

"You know about Lauren?" He inquired.

"No" I said.

"But you just sai- nevermind. This is taking to long" he mumbled.

"No this is going to drag out Dewey" I said

"Fine Monroe, tell me what makes you tick?" he said.

I kept quiet not knowing what the hell im supposed to answer with. "So far you broke out of the collars, you weren't even phased by the bullets ment for your type of power. What makes you this powerful? Your parents wouldn't tell me" he hissed. My eyes widened.

"They are alive?" I gasped.

"Very much so, I didn't say they were okay. But they are alive"

"You're a complete and utter idiot" I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me?" He asked.