Chapter 7: Complications

Start from the beginning

"This isn't right Charlie!", I sounded very desperate for him to leave me at that moment.

"Why?", he asked me.

I didn't said anything and pushed him off my and got up. He looked quite stunned.

"What's wrong Jennifer?", he asked me.

The only problem is that if your girlfriend would see us together, she would definitely kill the two of us! That's really stupid! That's totally wrong! Wait! What's really wrong with me? Am I developing feelings?

"You should be flirting with me!", I answered him.

He raised his eyebrows and a smirk appeared onto his face. I couldn't understand why. After a few seconds of realising what I actually said, I immediately reacted to it.

"I mean you shouldn't be flirting with me! I exaggerate the word NOT!!!!"

"Oh so for the past 28 hours you didn't mind me flirting with you?!"

I was about to reply him when Hannah barged into the room.

"Jennifer! You aren't ready yet! Dinner's going to start!", she looked at me and suddenly her eyes turned towards Charlie.

"What are you doing here Charlie baby!", Hannah asked him.

"I came here to wake her up.", he bluntly answered her.

"That was not needed actually. I could have waked her up. Anyways let's go babe. Jennifer wants to get ready!", Hannah walked into my room and took Charlie's hand.

"Since when I'm your babe?", Charlie questioned her.

That was awkward.

"Ever since you propose to me! Remember?", Hannah immediately replied.

"Err guys, I need to get ready. I hope you could, you know, leave me.", they didn't hesitate and left the room immediately.

I took a quick shower and changed into one of the dresses I bought. I decided to add some accessories that would match my dress.

As soon as I was done, I looked at myself through the mirror. I looked different! I was wearing a coral dress that was a few inches about my knees. My hair was let down and my heels were matching my dress!

Maybe this trip might just change my life! I might just find a cute hot guy during this wedding and then settle down with him, and have a few kids to spend my life with forever.

What the hell was I even thinking?! Did you look at your face? You can't even find a boy at all.

Since I was becoming late, I didn't wasted anymore and went down.

The entire house was beautifully decorated. The view was just breath-taking!

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't even realise I was late!

Everyone was waiting for me. I quickly walked towards the dining table and apologised.

"It's okay Jennifer! Take a seat! Why don't you sit next to Charlie since there isn't any more sits?", Anna suggested.

I hesitantly walked towards the chair next to Charlie. He had a smirk on his face. I had a feeling that it was not going to be an enjoyable dinner tonight.

I sat quietly next to him. He placed his hand on my lap and squeezed it tightly. I gave his a glare as soon as he did that. All he did was just smile at me.

What's wrong with this guy? He was flirting with me despite knowing the fact that his girlfriend was directly opposite him?!

Everyone was chattering loudly, therefore I took the opportunity to whisper into his ear.

"What are you doing Charlie? Hannah is sitting directly in front of you."

"Oh so you don't mind me holding your hand but afraid that Hannah would see us?", there was bigger smirk on his face this time.

"What?! I'm not trying to say anything and I mind! I'm not GF or anything!", I pushed his hand away from mine.

"GF? Trying to act cool gurl?! I feel like kissing you babe!", he gave a light pout.

"Slut! Disgusting freak! Bloody asshole! Before I tell Hannah, stop flirting!", I gave him one of the death glares.

He immediately ignored me and never looked at me again. That was not what I was intending to happen.

Throughout the entire dinner, we didn't talked to each other. We totally ignored each other. As soon as we were done with dinner, everyone moved towards the bar or in the centre of the hall to dance to the slow music that was being played.

I was standing aside alone, as usual. Hannah and talking to someone on the phone while Charlie was at the bar, drinking glass after glass.

Anna was talking to some of her relatives while Daniel was already drunk. Charlie's mother was dancing with her husband while Anna's parents were sitting and talking to each other. 

I was just so busy talking about everyone that I didn't even realised that Hannah was standing next to me.

"Scanning around?", she winked at me and let out a laugh. 

I just smiled at her.

"I heard you're a florist!"

There goes another criticism about my job and myself.

"I love flowers! I can't believe I have a friend that is a florist!", she squealed in excitement.

"Friend?", I asked her, unsure of what she was implying.

"Yeah friend! Every friend of Anna is my friend."

"Erm... Thanks Hannah! I appreciate your effort...", I was cut by a tall man walking behind Hannah and kissing the nape of her neck.

"Hi babe! Missed ya!"