17| ''Welcome to the family''

Start from the beginning

'What if I am?' she hissed, sending one pissed off look at me with her blue eyes from behind one shoulder.

I shrugged, watching her turn back to the toilet seat, 'Tell me what happened'.

The silence hung in between us like a curtain before she sighed and her entire body seemed to sag against the porcelain lavatory, 'I met Leila Rosewater'.

The name of my brother's fiancé came out of her mouth like knives over a deer's throat and despite it all, I flinched inwardly for her, 'I see'.

'I met Tommy too,' she managed, turning her head to look at me. Somewhere between the hurt swimming in her baby blues there was accusation, 'You didn't tell me he had a son'.

I held her stare for a few seconds before I looked away, 'No, I didn't'.

'You also told me she was horrible,' she accused further and a treacherous grin appeared on my face to which she gasped, 'Why do you always do that to me?'

'I thought it might be a pleasant surprise when she turned out to be a nice person,' I defended weakly and caught her glare in the mirror.

'I preferred her to be a fire breathing dragon, maybe even an ice breathing hag like Anastasia if not for the fact that she has a son,' she hissed, cringing once, 'with Nathaniel'.

'You can't blame the kid,' I put in, fully aware that it wasn't going to help her temper.

'I'm blaming both of the stupid sons of Lionfield for putting me through an emotional rollercoaster instead of just telling me the truth!'

She finally cracked and a pang of guilt hit my chest despite it all as she turned to the toilet and made a dry retching sound, 'Are you alright?'

'Just go away, Jett,' she moaned, 'I've stomached fiancé, I'm just not sure if I can stomach a... child,' her frame seemed to shake before she made a waving motion with her hand, 'Go'.

KEIRA

After Jett had left, it took me fifteen minutes to settle down the sick feeling that was swirling inside my stomach.

I was definitely not blaming Tommy for existing... he was the most adorable thing in the world. But the fact that their lies had ran this deep seemed to grill me over more than I cared for. In fact, too much.

I finally felt like they pushed me to the point where I just couldn't take another secret.

Putting the toilet lid down I lay my head on smooth porcelain, hoping it was clean, and closed my eyes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When I finally emerged from the bathroom and made my way back outside, most of the people had taken their seats. And it was Pixie who clamped onto my arm the first, 'Where were you?' she questioned, eyes wide as she started pulling me towards the head table.

'I just needed to collect my thoughts,' I muttered back, 'Where are you taking me?'

'We're beginning with the engagement announcements,' she hissed, 'You're super late, and your uncle has asked me where you are like seven times already'.

I groaned once before we got to the biggest table where Pixie shoved me in the seat next to hers. To my surprise, it wasn't Sorcha on my right but Blaze - the twin I wished I would never see again.

Sorcha's twin brother was dashing tonight in his tux. With softly styled pitch black hair - mussed up in a deliberate bed hair style - and eyes the colour of glowing ember he looked at me once when I sat down but then turned away.