Part 2 Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

"Which ones are we disposing of?" A man hurries over along with another, while everyone starts cleaning up.

I turn to see Jaime who hasn't been touched today, she just remains next to me, pale as a ghost as she and Rafael continue to lock eyes. However, they break eye contact immediately when Dr. Ann Drysdale turns to choose which 'creatures' to 'dispose' of.

I watch as she points to three cages of the most pathetic looking witches, tiny skeletons of people. They start moaning as she points to them and she just scowls in disgust at the horrible noises they make. It was quiet wailing, crying, begging.

"Hurry up, use the different doses we mixed up of Subject Y's blood, I don't want it to be messy. You'll put the other creatures in distress," she turns around to walk away, her clicky heels stomp off down the aisle as she orders others around on how to pack up for the day.

I watch on with half closed eye lids as Jerry and Ash discuss what to do together and Eliza comes back around to me with the blood draining equipment; a needle and tube connected to many blood bags.

When she appears around the corner I see the look on her face. She is tight lipped, her eyes are red like she is barely holding off tears and her face seems drained of blood like she has gone into a quick state of shock.

"Give the mild ones to all of them?" Jerry asks Ash, discussing casually the types of deaths they were handing out via my blood.

"Why don't you try the strong doses on all of them," Eliza pipes up, sticking the needle into my arm with some force. I wince and grit my teeth but she doesn't look apologetic, she looks distracted as she glances at Jerry and Ash.

The two men look at each other and whisper suspiciously. I over hear them quite easily and I know Eliza does too.

"... she just wants them all to die quickly... I told you she was a witch all along... look at how upset she is..." I glare at the men for Eliza but of course they take no notice of me. They aren't even looking at me.

"You're bastards," I rasp out, catching their attention, "I can't believe I'm part of a prophecy where I'm meant to be the one saving humanity – saving you lot. You don't even have one shred of empathy in your souls."

"This is for the greater good, sacrifices must be made," Ash declares and I can see Eliza mouthing the exact words coming out of his mouth like she's over heard him say it a thousand times, "And the pay is good."

Jerry and Ash start chuckling as Eliza finishes hooking me up to the needle and tubes, my blood already draining. She starts to walk off before Jerry tells her to stop.

"Oi," Jerry snaps at her, "Bring us the viles, the ones labelled mild dose. Help us out, will you?"

"I don't get paid doing this," Eliza mutters under her breath as she walks away to get the doses.

I watch in extreme curiosity at their exchange as she comes back with the viles and the men start asking her to grab body bags and the keys to the cages. She has trouble finding the keys so she decides to go find Jay. He had all the keys to all the doors and would be patrolling just outside. She goes to fetch him and I admit I'm a little excited to see him again.

I watch Claudia, still dead asleep after they drained her of so much blood she passed out. They handed her blood out routinely to the trapped, starved vampires while hooking her up to a drip to rehydrate her.

Rafael just growls at the two men when they get too close to his cage.

"I hate this one, he is so moody," Ash's voice trembles a bit as he says this about Rafael and I hear Jaime laugh out loud. A small smile on her on lips as she winks at Rafael, her Prince. He just glares at her but he himself can't help but smile a little.