Part 2 Chapter 27

*Skip to Jennifer's POV if you've already read the following excerpt, otherwise you need to read it*

Caitlin's POV (From Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Xavier Chapter 28, don't worry it shouldn't spoil too much ;) )

I end up having a nap and falling fast asleep, only to wake up hours later to a loud noise. I don't know what it is because I wake up slowly only to find that I am alone and worried about Abbey and how she is settling in. I get up, still dressed in the blue dress Xavier asked me to wear - although now it was slightly crumpled.

I put on some silver flats that match the dress and decide to go exploring to find Abbey.

However almost as instantly as I walk out into the hall, I watch vampires and humans rushing by towards the throne room.

Forgetting about Abbey for the moment, I decide to follow everyone and see what is happening.

Indeed, they are all heading to the throne room as I wind down the corridors with them to see everyone crowding out the front, cheering and some people crying.

I decide the noise that woke me up from my nap must have been the emergency speakers making an announcement which I had missed. Only something like that could explain everyone rushing here so swiftly.

I quickly push through the crowd when I hear the King's voice echoing in the throne room. By King I mean the King King. Not Xavier. Something had happened for sure. The only thing I kept on overhearing in the crowd was 'she's back' over and over again.

Who was back? I come closer to the front of the crowd, but it's hard to see when I'm shorter than most people here. I'm so focused on making my way to the front I don't even notice passing Jennifer and Darrius and his brother's and Claudia until Xavier literally steps in front of me and I barge into his chest.

He grabs my waist and steadies me, a humorous look on his face as I look up to make sure it is him and not a crazy vampire that has decided to take advantage of me.

"Phew, it's just you," I sigh in relief, I can't help myself.

"Don't ever look at me like that again, sweetheart," Xavier growls, "I'm not going to hurt you, come," I'm a little shocked again when I hear the gentle tone in his voice. It was a little hard to take considering he was usually so cold and blunt.

He grabs my hand and pulls me to the very front where I can see and he puts an arm around my waist as he holds me very possessively in front of everyone else, pulling me back against his chest. I almost don't even notice the King standing with a grey old woman next to him up near the thrones.

He is telling the crowd to calm down and helping the old woman sit down on one of the thrones.

"What's happening?" I whisper to Xavier, looking up over my shoulder at him. He looks a little tense but mostly happy.

"That's my mother," he says, "She's back."

"Oh!" I turn around and look more closely at the old woman. I recognise her when I look more closely. Yes! This was the Queen!

"The Queen is alive!" The King chooses to start speaking at this moment and the crowd cheers some more, "My darling, darling Xeria."

I feel Xavier's arm tighten around me a little at the King's endearment to the long lost Queen. At least he wasn't insane anymore, he was cured obviously. Which meant he was human.

"Relax," I mutter under my breath, knowing Xavier will hear me.

"Don't tell me what to do," he growls back at me, close to my ear and I can tell he is a little touchy at the moment. His mother meant a lot to him and he hated his father.