"For Lily's birthday, I'll do it for free. It's all on me so you can discard the cost of it and not worry about it"

"Thanks but I wouldn't want to accept that. It's your job and I hired you and there's no way I will let you do it for free, if you're thinking about us saving your life, your gratitude is enough, you don't have to give something back." She said.

I've always thought that nothing is ever free in this world. Everything comes with a price and I'm not the type who really wants to do nothing after being saved or being helped in any way, I always ought to give something back to that person and I'm not about to break it now. Call it my pride, but I never wanna owe somebody something.

"I insist. It's the only way I could think of and besides, it's nothing compared to what your husband and Enzo has done for me." I said as she frowns.

"I don't really think that's necessary, had it been somebody else, we wouldn't ask for anything in return."

"You're not asking, so I'm offering." I said not wanting to back down. She seemed to want to stand her ground until Lexi butt in between.

"Even if you disagree, she won't take your payment so I suggest you cave in to this stubborn ass cause she won't budge ever." She said smirking at me sarcastically.

Avie later on sighed, and then looked at me before nodding.

"As much as I don't want to, fine, I won't pay you." She said making me smile and laugh a little. No one ever won over my stubbornness. I guess it's in me.

"No arguments then. And Lex, the bills, you can just cash them out on my card. I don't know why Candice brought me to this expensive hospital when there's one nearer my place." I said calculating how much it would cost me.

I have a budget as you can see. Before I left the island I already set aside some for the children of the unknown island, I've been exchanging mails with Rick so he could update me about them and I wouldn't want to touch the money but I guess I'll just cash that out on my next pay day.

I also have the orphanage to think about and I wouldn't want to cut off my budget for them as well. Whew! Anyway, it's just money, I'll earn it back.

"When you look like that, I know you're thinking of financial concerns but right now, can you drop worries about money, geez Sadie, you just woke up from a coma to be thinking of those things." She said snapping me out of my thoughts while Avie chuckles a little on the other side.

"Yes ma'am!" I said sarcastically.

"Your bills are fully paid. And for your information, your roomie brought you to the nearest hospital, then sent me a message and we transferred you the next day here." She explained.

"You met Candice?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, she's a bit weird, she left after leaving your valuables, she needed to go somewhere for work as she wrote it in a paper. I didn't know she's mute. I called up your aunt Emma who came rushing back and then a certain Libby kept calling you, so I told her what happened and minutes later she and Cooper came busting in the hospital. It was Cooper who asked for your transfer, he said you'd be better taken cared of here." She explained. I was glad Chelsey didn't forget that I introduced her to Libby as a mute.

Cooper? I thought. He came for me? I felt that familiar joy upon hearing his name, thank heavens I didn't bump my head or something and woke up without a memory. I know I woke up from a long slumber and I should be thinking of things more important but when you say Cooper, it just feels soothing. Like there's no other feeling than happiness inside me.