Chapter 14

Emily

"Em?" A light knock taps the bathroom door. It's Ashton

"What?" I sigh.

"It's time to go."

"Be out in a sec." I reply standing up and looking at my crapy self in the reflection. If they ask me so questions I could always lie...right?

I open the door and all four of the idiots are standing there. I look at them with my brows up and I cross my arms. "You guys are getting really annoying." I chuckle.

"I want and got you Starbucks" Luke hold out a tall peppermint moca frap, just the way I like it.

"Stop trying to butter me up, it's not going to make me feel any better." I roll my eyes.

"So, you don't, want to coffee?" Luke slowly brings it up to his mouth and I grab it out of his hand before he can take a drink.

"I never said I didn't." I take a sip and give them all a fake smile and I walk past them and out the door to the car.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Appointment for Emily Irwin." Ashton says to the grumpy looking lady at the front desk.

"Please take a seat and wait, it will be 10 minutes." She does not even look up from her clipboard as she points to the chairs.

"Thank you." Ashton says politely and we all take our seats.

"Hey Emily look!" Michael pints to the children's area. "We can color!" He claps. I try to hold back a laugh, and a smile. He gets up and pulls me out of my seat and I whine.

"Why are you dragging me along. I'm not five unlike you." I grunt.

"But you know you want toooo." He gives me a blank sheet of paper and I crayon. He starts drawing and I look to see what it is.

Pizza -_-

He's drawing fucking pizza -_-

"Moron." I chuckle finally.

"True" he agrees and I start to draw too. I start to sketch the necklace Devon got me.

"Emily Irwin?" The nurse questions to the waiting room. I look up to the rest if the boys. Michael and I get up and walk over to the others.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Ashton asks placing his hand on my shoulder.

"If you want, I guess." I stair down at my gray converse.

"Emily Irwin." The lady says again a little more sternly. I sigh and walk over with the rest of "I'm sorry, only two can go in with her." The nurse informs then and they all look at me.

"What?"

"Who do you want to go in with you?" Cal asks.

"Um...Ash and Mike." I mumble. I can't say no to Ashton being there he is after all my dad. Michael has just been so comforting about all of this I feel he would be good comfort while in there.

"Follow me please." The nurse gives me a smile while directing us to the room. It looks like any other doctors room. I sit on the think and she talks some more.

"My name is Ann, I'll be your nurse this visit. I have been told that you are being tested for social Awkwardness?" She looks to Ashton.

"Yes, that's correct."

"Okay. There's really not much to it. I'll just ask you a few questions and ten let the doctor handle it form there." She takes out her clip board and starts to read it off.

"Do not try to lie by the way, it will just make things a lot worse." She narrows her eyes down at me showing her dark brown eyes. "Do you enjoy sports, or watching sporting evens at school?"

"No, I'm not very good at sports, and I find them boring."

"What do you find fun?"

"Going to concerts, listening to music, I love to read, and write, a lot. I'll go out with my friends sometimes." I try to come off as if I do do fun things.

"How many friends do you have?"

"I don't know."

"I'll give you tike to count." She stands and waits until I relies she was not kidding.

"I have like five t my new school that I hang out with...Devon, and then those four boys." I point to Ashton.

"Parents are not friends." She sighs.

"And what would you know about my life and who I'm friends with?" I spat.

"Emily." Ashton grunts.

"No, I'm but just going to sit here and let her say that." I spat at him to.

"That one right there is my Father. He's a little bit older than me because he adopted me. Yeah he's my parent, but he's also my Hero and my friend, all of them are. So put that on your little clip board." I talk her down. She sakes her head and the asks.

"Are you sexually active?"

"Oh what, so now your judging me because I live in a house with four guys and you suddenly assume in having-"

"No!" She cuts me off. "I just need to know, now answer my question!"

"No, why would I be!" She grunts and then finish writing and walks out.

"Really?" Ashton says with his hands in his head.

"I'm not going to let her be the snichy bitch she is." I cross my arms.

"Remind me to never get in your bad side." Mike chuckles. it's silent until the doctor come in.

"Hello, I'm Clark." He says entering the room.

"Ashton." Ash gets up and shakes his hand. It's honestly annoying how nice he's being.

"So Emily, I looked over your answers, I would like to thank you for being honest." He stops for a second. "Unfortunately, your answers failed to pass. I would have to say you do have Social anxiety." I sigh, the blood is boiling in my skin now and I know my face is turning red. "I would have to say she's about 70 percent. There are pills she will have to take." He starts so leaking to Ashton again. Michael gives me a frown. "Two a day, here is her prescription." He hands Ash a thing if paper. "I am also giving you a therapist card. I am recommending that she goes. It will help her."

"You have got to be kidding me!" I throw my hands in the air.

"Thank you." Ashton shakes the doctors hand again. Them both ignoring me.

"No problem." He says back and we exit the room. Ashton places his hand in my back trying to comfort me.

"Don't fucking touch me." I turn around and point at him, then I turn around again walking past the waiting room and last the others. I walk myself to the car and get in. After a minute the guys all come out if the place at the same time looking upsets everyone gets in the car when Ashton is about to say something.

"I don't want to hear it, just drive." I snap and he sighs starting the car.

I look out the window the whole ride home. Nobody said a word, and no music was played. Ashton pulls up I'm the drive way and as soon as the car stops I get out. I stop up to the grudge and I put in the code. I walk in the house and I stomp up the stirs ignoring the guys behind me and I shut and lick my door. I slid down and curl up into a ball. Tears run down my face.

I'm not normal.

I don't fit in.

I'm a screw up.