Chapter 2

*Emily*

The bus ride was long and loud. I go to my locker and grab all my things in it and put it in my backpack. I only go to my locker a few times a day. First I have to go to my advisory. I walk in and take my seat.

"Well if it isn't the unwanted birthday brat." My school bully stops and looks down at me putting is hand on my desk. His name is Paul. I'm used to him so he doesn't really bother me anymore.

"I may not have a family but at least I have a personality." I glare at him.

"Is that really all you have to say?" He chuckles.

"No, I could say more but your breath stinks and I don't want to talk to a person with bad breath. I'm so very sure the girl you decide to make out with today is going to tell you the same thing." I sass. He then looks at me angrily. He walks away trying to smell his own breath. I laugh to myself. The bell rings and I go to my first class. ELA.

*seven hours latter*

School ended and I go back to them home. "Chore!" Mrs Jones yells at me as I walk in.

"Yeah yeah." I roll my eyes. I look at my chore for the day. 'Mop, and vacum the girls bed room'. I get the supplies from the closet and I get to work. I put my music in shuffle and Out of my Limit comes out. I start to sing and dance as I clean and don't even realize the time pass. When I am done I take everything and put it away tuning of my music. I should be helping make dinner.

"IS IT MY NIGHT TO HELP MAKE DINNER?!" I shout.

"No but be down in 20 minutes."

I have some time to do whatever so I log onto my computer and go on twitter to see what the boys are up to.

"This car ride takes forever, Ashton should let me drive." Micheal tweets.

"Not a good idea @Michael5SOS" Calum tweets. I laugh Calum's right.

"I drive better than you!" Micheal says back. I love when they have little fights over twitter. I like Micheal the most. I love how he never cares what other people think, he's really helped me.

It's been twenty minutes. I stomp down the stairs to see what Mrs. Joan's wants.

"What do you ne-" I walk into the dinning room but stop dead in my tracks. My mouth drops and my eyes start to water.

This is not posable, this can't be happening.

In front of me are four tall guys. One with black hair and tan skin, the one next to him has dyed hair painted red. The third one stand with his hands behind his back, and a lip ring on his lip. The last one is the strongest looking one out of all of them he has long blond hair and a big smile.

5 second of summer.

"Hi there!" Ashton breaks the silence. I can't say anything back so instead I sob of shock.

"Aw, no crying on your birthday!" Micheal says and walks over to me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

(Brain: duehwkebwjskehwind)

I start to sob and he let's go and wipes my tears. I look deep into his eyes. "Surprise." He giggles and I laugh.

"Group hug!" Calum shouts. They all run over and the circle around me giving me the best hug I have ever had. When they let go I start to realize that the whole house was in the dinning room to. So was Devon.

"You, have the best, best friend ever." Luke points to Devon. "If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be here."

"You did this?"

"I may have." He smirks.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!" I hug his so tight I don't think he can breath and place a light kiss on his cheek.

"So can we have some cake now?" Luke asks.

"Oh yeah, Calum and Luke you two can go in the living room and...." I move my eyebrows up and down.

"Not that cake!" They both shout. I giggle.

"Yeah, yeah laugh it up." Calum glares at me. I stick my tongue out at him and he can't help but smile.

"A one, a two, a one two three four!" Ashton sings. They all start to sing happy birthday. I hate this song. I hate having to sit there and do nothing. Like what am I supposed to do, sing to myself? They finish and I make my wish. I would tell you but then I wouldn't come true.

"Hey, Emily, you should smell the cake." Mike says.

"Not falling for it!"

We eat the cake and I open my presents but I can't help but notice the boys didn't have anything, I guess they are present enough.

"Okay, our turn!" Luke says and I look confused. He hands me a yellow envelope. Anyone who's been adopted before known what this is.

" Adoption form

Name: Emily Marie Ross
Age: 17
Hight: 5'8
Weight: 110 lb
DOB: September 9th 1998

Birth parents: Patty & William Ross

Adoption parents: Ashton Irwin. "

I look up from the paper in tears. Ashton Irwin is my dad.

"Happy birthday." Ashton smiles. I start to sob and he wraps his arms around me. We stay like that until I stop.

"We leave tonight, go pack your things. Alright?" I nod and go up to my room. I get my suit case under my bed. I can't get it though my mind that I'm bring adopted. Even more so I'm being adopted by Ashton. I start packing all my things when Devon walks in looking sad.

"I'm going to miss you." He frowns.

"Me too. I'll never be able to thank you enough."

"Your happiness is thanks enough."

"Your going to have to visit soon." I haven't gone a day without you in forever."

"I will. Don't worry."

"Oh, write your number down. This isn't my phone so I have to give it back."

"Right." He sighs and hand me the numbered paper.

"I'll call you right when I get to the house, I promise." We hug and I don't even notice Ashton coming in.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!" He jokes. Devon and I untangle.

"Ready?"

"Yup." I smile. He grabs my bags and brings them to the car. Devon and I follow. I stop at the door next to Mrs. Joan's.

"Here, Give them to one of the girls." I hand her my computer and phone.

"Thanks dear, I'm glad your happy." We hug and Devon walks me outside. We get the the side walk.

"This isn't goodbye." I say

"I know." He frowns.

"Hey, Shorty, come on, let's go." Luke calls.

"Coming." I shout back. I walk and let go of his hand in the process. I hop in the mini van and close the door.

I watch Devon as the car drives away.