Chapter 9

Emily

I get to the end of the driveway as soon as the bus drives up. I see everyone looking through the window in aw. Great, just what I need everyone looking at me like I'm some kind of freak as I get on the bus. The door swings open and I take the steps. I looks up and everyone is staining at me. I put my face down because my face is really red, I hate when people are looking at me. I find and open seat and I put my earbuds in the song 'Give me one good reason' by Blink 182 fills my head. I don't look at anyone, I just look out the window. I watch the house fade and it's gone. Five minutes into the ride I feel a tap on my shoulder. And I take an earbud out.

"Your Emily?" A red haired girl with blue eyes ask.

"Yeah.." I trail off.

"I was wondering if you could introduce me to Luke?"

Are you kidding me!?

"No, in fact, never talk to me again." I roll my eyes putting the earbud back in and looking out the window. 'Good girls bad guys' comes on by Sleeping with sirens. A tall boy with blond hair comes in the seat. He doesn't even acknowledge I'm there. He just messes around and says hi to his friends. I miss mine, I miss Devon. Shoot, I forgot to call him. I'll have to do that after-

"Hello?" The blond guy rips out an earbud from my ear.

"What the hell dude?" I look at him and meet with his hazel eyes.

"You know you should really keep that volume low, it could mess with your hearing."

"And why should I care?"

"Wow, I can already guess your character."

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"I can already tell that your a girl not to be messed with."

"Then why are you still talking to me?" Huh, maybe this is why I don't have any friends.

He laughs "I guess I have a death with." He smirks. I just stair at him, nobody has ever it left me alone when I'm a bitch. "Name's Alex." I hesitate for a second, I'm so confused.

"Em-Emily."

"Cool, what are you listening to?"

"Just-" I show him and he nods.

"I'm more of a Drake kinda guy."

"Aren't they all." I say under my breath. The bus pulls up to the school and he laughs.

"What?"

"Your mysterious, I like that." He gets off the bus before I can say another word. Confused I get off the bus and walk where everyone else is walking. This high school is huge, how am I going to know where to go if I don't have a map?

"Miss Irwin!" A voice behind me screams. I turn. It must be a teacher. "Are you Emily Irwin?" the woman asks.

"Yes."

"Great, I'm Miss Linda, I'm the school guidance counsellor."

"Oh.."

"Come with me, I'll help you fine your classes." She leads me inside and into an office which I'm going to guess is hers.

"Do you have your schedule, I believe you received it in the mail?"

"Yeah. I pull it out of my bag.

"Okay, so some cakes are close and some are far. Would you like me show you where everything is before you head off to class?"

"Do you have a map?"

"We do." She hands me one.

"I should be fine then." I give her a fake smiles

I'm not one to ask for much help, all my life iv had to do things on my own. I guess I'm just used to it by now.

"If you need anything, you know where to find me." She says.

"Thanks, but I think I'll be fine." I nod and walk out. Many people I'm the halls look at me weird as I walk through the halls trying to find my locker. Even the red head from the bus. Some girls are whispering and pointing. Rolling my eyes I fine my locker and I open it putting the stuff I don't need in.

Biology- Mr. James- 8:00 to 10:15
Choir- Mrs. Ambert- 10:20 to 12:35
Lunch-12:40 to 1:20
World studies- 1:25 to 3:25
Physical education- 3:30 to 4:20

I grab a few things and look at the school map, I find the right class and follow the map. Soon enough I get there right when the bell rings and I find a seat in the middle of the room. All the ones in the back are taken.

"Take your seats!" Mr. James instructs. "it seems we have a new student."

NO

NOT THIS

Why can he just leave me be?

I don't want people looking at me it makes me feel weird.

( Being with the band is different, when I'm with them I feel safe)

"Emily, mind tell telling us a few things about yourself." He ask and all eyes are now on me.

"Not much to tell." I shrug.

"What do you like to do one your spare time, do you have a passion."

"Nothing really, iv never been able to find it."

"And whys that?" Why is he pushing it?

I sigh. "Because iv been an orphan my whole life. I also don't feel like talking about that so can we please move on with the lesson." I play with my nails. My cheeks heat up. I can't help it, I'm rude under pressure! He says nothing.

"Turn to page 394." (POTTERHEADS FANING) I look around to see people graving books under their chairs so I do the same.

Today is going to be a long day.

-----
So what do you think of her character?

Bit sassy, right? You will see why soon. At first she was fine and now she is not...?

Oh well happy new year. The first person I'm going to see/look at right when it's the new year is Michael Clifford XD