[locus x reader] my monster. My soldier

Requested by: FromHellGirlFHG

The door to the apartment clicked shut, a tall muscular black man with a gorgeous face walked in. His footsteps planned and methodical, trying his hardest to stay quiet in the dark living area.

Luck wasn't on his side though, the lights flickering on.

There you sat, arms and legs crossed. It was obvious that you had been waiting for more than a while.

" (y/n), I-" his hands made their way up to his silky brown hair, slicked back into a tight ponytail. You cut him off, holding your hand up.

" where have you been? " the clock read 2am, Just like every night for the last month. Your boyfriend had been hiding something from you and tonight was the night you finally confronted him.

" babe, nowhere. I swear " his emerald eyes glistened apologetically, but you had to resist giving in like you had every other time. Glancing down at his knees you notice a small detail that made your heart skip a beat.

" you have blood on your knees " there wasn't a rip in his military grade khakis, on closer inspection you became painfully aware of the other splotches of Crimson. " no one goes nowhere and gets blood on their knees "

This had the man stumped. The broken expression on your face tore his heart in two. He had never planned to hurt you, it had only started as a side job to bring in some extra money. He was behind on the rent and, quite honestly, risking bankruptcy.

" I can explain.." As soon as the words left his now dry lips, you let out a bitter chuckle, looking away tears threatened to spill. But you had to look at him, you had to see the honesty of his eyes.

" what are you?...No, who are you? Goddammit locus! What have you done? " you felt so betrayed. Why hadn't he told you anything? Can't he even trust his girlfriend?

" I... I am a hit man.... Babe, We needed the money " locus' desperate expression only made it more heartbreaking. Your sweet, loving boyfriend was a killer. A murderer. A monster.

" monster " the word pushed through your lips in the form of a whisper. But it was enough. It was enough to shatter locus' world. The only thing in the entire universe that mattered to him had pushed him away.

" w-what? " his voice was a mixture of distraught and confusion. He was grasping at what little reality he had left at this point, blind with tears.

You stood up, only making your way to his mid chest, and moved closer. Your head gave a light thud when it hit his chest, burying your face in shirt.

" you've become a monster.." Your voice was muffled but still clear as day to him. Strong arms wrapped themselves around your shoulders as you started to sob.

" I'm so sorry.." His scent had always been comforting, the smell of his aftershave, the faint musk of his clothes, maybe a little mint toothpaste from his hurried morning regime, and of course, his natural body odour. Not a bad smell, just his smell. It willed you to wrap your arms around him as tight as possible.

" you're a monster.. But please.. Please .. Be my soldier. I need you locus. I love you " it was still hard to wrap your head around everything. But you had to be there for him. If worse came to worse, you would do anything for him. Murderer or not.

" y-you mean it? " his grasp on you tightened, pressing his face into your hair, a habit he'd gotten used to after the hours spent tangled together in the mornings.

" I mean it " you pulled away, sniffling a little. His big strong hands cup your cheek, wiping away your tears although his own cheeks were covered too. Both of your eyes were captivated in the others, so many raw emotions swimming in a pool of clear ivy and mesmerising (e/c).

When his gentle lips pressed against yours you could help but completely forgive him. He was still your lover, and his kisses could still make your heart soar. When both of your lips disconnected you looked up at him again.

" I love you soldier boy "

I was going to go the sad route but my recent works have been kinda sad so I livened it up a little. Also, sorry they've been turning out shorter than usual :(