Roommates

I walked into my shared apartment after a long day at school and work. I shrugged off my coat and dropped my bags at the door. I looked around the messy excuse of a living place and groaned out loud.

"Danny! I cleaned this place last night!" I screamed at my roommate. He seems to always be home, like I don't even think he goes to school.

I didn't get a response so I started to pick up the takeout garbage and his dirty clothes off of the floor. How many meals does he eat in a day? Did he buy the whole Chinese restaurant?

Once it was halfway to looking decent I picked up my backpack and made my way over to my room to study some.

After about an hour of studying I decided to go get a snack. I made my way over to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. I went out and got a piece of chocolate cake from this pretty expensive place across town and I couldn't eat all of it because it was too sweet. It sounds pretty good right now so I started to dig for the white box with my name scrawled on it in sharpie. When I couldn't find it I bit my lip in frustration and searched again.

"DANNY!" I screamed.

This is ridiculous. I'm done with him. How did I ever think that a boy roommate would ever work out?

"Would you stop screaming? Some people are trying to sleep." Danny groaned while walking toward me in nothing but his boxers.

"It's literally 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Most normal people are already up."

"Did you just call me out here to wake me up?" He snapped.

"No! Where's my cake?"

"Cake?" He questioned.

"Yes, the chocolate cake in the white box with my name on it."

"I don't- ohhhhhh.... Crap."

I rolled my eyes at him as he ran his hands through his hair.

"I had a girl over last night and-"

"I don't want to hear about the girls you have over Danny. I hear enough of that already." I snapped.

"Hey! Don't be jealous."

"Me? Jealous? Ha! Yah, right." I scoffed.

Every time he has a girl over I hear everything they do. Everything. It's totally gross and infuriating. Danny is hot and all but his attitude is a total turn off. If half the girls he sleeps with had to live with him, he wouldn't be too popular with the girls.

"If you wanted to join you could've just asked." Danny said through a smirk.

"You're disgusting. Now where the hell is my cake?"

"Right. I kind of told Jessica that she could eat whatever she wanted and I guess that she chose your cake."

"Wait. So you're telling me that you let the whores you sleep with eat our food!" I yelled.

"Well yah-"

"Do you know how expensive that is Danny? Do you know how much I have to give up to be able to fill up that refrigerator? And you're letting your one night stands eat my food? No. I'm done Danny. Done! You're going to pay for the food for the next month or you're out of here. Do I make myself clear?"

I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter, frustrated.

"Crystal." He mumbled and walked off.

I kicked at the lower cabinets a couple of times to help release some anger, but it didn't help. I went back into my room with an apple and started to study again.

                    *          *           *

It was about dinner time and I haven't seen Danny all day. Maybe he's moving out. I will miss seeing him shirtless and the moments when he's not such a douche, but other than that not so much. I heard the door bell ring so I got up to answer it. I opened the door and was extremely surprised at what I saw.

There stood Danny with a white box, a giant teddy bear, and one red rose. He gave me a smile and handed me the rose.

"What? Why? What are-" I asked confused.

"I have been a terrible roommate and I'm lucky that you haven't thrown me out. So thank you for that. I know that if I were you I would've been long gone by now, but you put up with me. I want to apologize for what a selfish douche I am and I hope you can forgive me and let me stay here. The reason I act like I do is to get your attention. I make messes, eat your food, and even sleep with other girls just so you would talk, or yell, at me. Now I realize that was not the way to do it and I'm sorry. I also bought you a whole new chocolate cake from that place and it's all for you. I won't even ask for a piece."

I stood there, speechless. I don't even know what to think. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I felt my heart beat faster and tears sting my eyes as I stared at the boy in front of me. Should I forgive him so easily? I mean he did go buy me a whole chocolate cake. Oh what the heck! He's adorable when he's truly sorry.

"Will you please say something?" He asked.

I laughed at him and shook my head. Then I quickly pulled him in for a kiss. It took him a second to realize what I did, but once he figured it out he was quick to respond. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Thank you Danny. I forgive you." I said.

"So I can stay?"

"Yes. You can stay."

He walked into the apartment and put the cake down on the counter. He fiddled around nervously and he looked like he was going to ask another question.

"Will you be mine?" He asked and grabbed my hand gently.

"Yes." I said, smiling.

"You better not have anymore girls over Danny. I can hear everything." I threatened after a while.

"Of course not. I promise. I'm a lot of things but a cheater is not one of them." He said quickly.

I take it back. Danny is pretty amazing most of the time.