Lose Power

"OhmyGod." I mumbled while looking outside.

"What?" Danny asked and turned toward me.

"It's snowing like crazy right now. Like dangerously crazy."

Almost like I jinxed it that's when everything went dark and silent. The air, refrigerator, everything off.

".......crap" Danny said and hopped up off the couch.

"I'll get some candles and you get the blankets. It's going to be a long night." I told him while going into the kitchen.

I opened up some drawers trying to find the candles and a lighter, but couldn't.

"Babe?" I called out.

"They're in the bedroom remember?"

Oh yah. I ran up to our bedroom and grabbed a couple candles and a lighter from Danny's nightstand. I walked back downstairs and met back up with Danny in the living room. I placed the candles all over the room and lit them as I went. Soon there was a soft light covering the room. Danny was waiting for me to join him on the couch when I finished. I quickly walked over to him and he wrapped me up in the blanket.

"This would be really romantic if it wasn't freezing." I mumbled.

It was getting significantly colder really quickly ever since the power went out.

"If you're cold we can always take our clothes off." Danny replied.

"Shut up."

"No! It's true. Do I actually know something you don't?" Danny snickered.

"I've heard about it. I'm not stupid! I just didn't think that you were being serious."

"I mean, if you're really cold and if you want it to be even more romantic. Then go ahead and strip."

I glanced at him with a weird look and he wiggled his eyebrows childishly. I got up and shimmied out of my pants and threw my shirt over my head. I shivered at the loss of clothes and hurried back under the covers.

"You're turn." I said.

Danny looked really surprised that I actually did it and wasn't moving. I elbowed his side lightly and he got up.

"I didn't think you were actually going to do it." He said as he threw his shirt off and stepped out of his pants.

"Well like you said I'm really cold."

He joined me again on the couch, but this time we were laying down. Our body heat intensified under the blanket and soon I forgot that the power was out.

"And you're right. It is more romantic."