Chapter 2

How i got home was a blur, all i remember was waking up this morning on my sofa, i'm just glad i don't live in the pack house, my house is tucked in nicely on the edge of our territory. My whole body is black and blue, i don't think they missed a single inch of my skin.

My anger and sadness was multiplied because of Sky, she couldn't believe our mate or pack was capable of such violence.

' Why would he do something like that to his own mate, we are brought up to believe our mate is the most treasured thing to us' Sky whimpered.

'Forget him Sky he's a useless moron anyway, no wait i take that back that's just insulting to other morons' i said trying to cheer her up.

'You do realise he'll be searching all day for us' she explained.

'You do realise we'll be avoiding him all day don't you' i replied back.

'What if he accepts us' Sky said eagerly 'There's always that small chance you know'

'Pft.. yeah right, the chance would have to be as small as a grain of sand, because there is no way on earth he would accept us'  i scoffed.

I didn't go to hell (my bad i mean school) today for two reasons, one i needed to avoid the idiot and two being i couldn't move if i wanted to so i spent the entire morning and afternoon  just relaxing and healing.

The idiot's big party is tonight and thank the goddess for werewolf healing, most of the bruises were gone or faded since this morning, oh believe me it's not for his benefit i just hate my body looking like a paint-by-numbers.

The party starts at eight but i'm not arriving till eleven no it's not to be fashionably late or to make an entrance, even those are things i would normally do, i wanted to leave it late so i could slip in unnoticed, find the idiot, accidentally on purpose bump into idiot, wait for a few seconds for the hatred and disgust to the take affect, get rejected, shed a few fake tears, give the fake speech 'please please don't reject me i can't live without you oh mighty alpha' i snorted, yeah right as if i could actually mean any of that. When that's finally over i can finally pack my stuff and leave the abusive imbeciles behind me for good.

At 10.30 i decided it was time to move, i got up awkwardly, parts of my body still sore. First things first i need a shower to get all the dried mud and leaves off me, second to put on my prettiest outfit, hey i need to look good for my rejection.

After a fifteen minute shower and ten minutes to get ready, i stood in front of the mirror examining my handiwork. I left my long hair to fall down my back and put on some light make to highlight my natural features, it seemed to work with the ripped jeans, black tank top and black converse i wore, what! you didn't think i would wear a dress now did you, please.. i'm not a hopeless she-wolf, i have much better taste.

I made my way through the edge of the tree line instead of the paths, if any of the pack members were to see me i know i won't get anywhere near the party. I got to the pack house and was absolutely stunned, it must be great to be the future Alpha with a daddy willing to do anything for you. The house and garden were full, there were so many people there it was hard to tell who was who, but lucky for me they were all completely wasted which meant no-one would think nothing of my presence.

Pushing through the crowds i made my way through the house checking top to bottom and floor to floor, i even checked the garden, he was no where to be found. I began sniffing the air trying to catch his scent, i kept sweeping glances across the crowd but stopped when i felt a pair of eyes on me, i turned to find Olivia glaring at me, i didn't wait to see what she'd say or do so i ran quickly to a nearby tree, bent over with my hands on my knees breathing hard i peeked around the trunk, Olivia was stood there searching back and forth for me, i could tell she had enough to drink because she didn't wait long till she gave up and walked back through the crowd.

I drew in a long breath trying to get the air back that i lost in running, i would of been great if i wasn't for the panicking, i stood up straight, I caught a tiny slither of his scent, but why was it leading into the forest, i followed it anyway. It led all the way through to the river i was at yesterday, i peeked through the branches to see him on his own throwing small stones into the rushing water.

'Better now than never' i thought, i walked out from behind the tree keeping alert not wanting any pack members sneaking up. I tapped him on the shoulder, the sparks instantly shooting through me and him this time.

Sky started to stir knowing our mate was in touching distance.

He suddenly turned, i noticed a mixture of emotions flying across his features, first was excitement, then shock, then of course disgust and hatred. I was grinning on the inside glad that first part of the plan was executed perfectly.

"You have got to be kidding me, goddess no, this is just insulting" he shouted looking up towards the moon.

I stood there trying to hide my amusement while also trying to fake looking hurt.

"You it just had to be you" he spat in disgust.

I looked towards the floor hiding my smirk, hoping he thought i was really upset.

"I Tristan Drake do hereby........."

I cut him off, time for my perfect acting, i look at him trying to squeeze a tear out.

"No please don't reject me, i'll change, please i'll die without you Alpha have mercy please" i cried out.

He stared at me for a few minutes probably not expecting me to say anything, then what did the idiot do, he just smirked and started to speak again. The idiot not realising this is what i want no need.

"I Tristan Drake do hereby....ACCEPT you Alexis Compton as my mate" he spoke clearly.

All my amusement and confidence completely vanished. Sky was bouncing in excitement having heard she was being accepted, i ignored both of them, my breathing becoming laboured.

"NO NO NO NO, you weren't supposed to accept this you were supposed to say reject, you hate me and i disgust you , why in the goddess name would you accept me" i rushed out.

He burst out laughing, he had to hold his stomach from laughing too much, then i realised something, Sky reading my thoughts calmed down to.

" Oh thank goddess, you're messing with me, it's all a joke, you had me there for a minute" i said smiling.

He stopped laughing and suddenly stalked towards me, i freaked out and started backing up against a tree, he grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground but not cutting off my air supply and also making sure i can talk.

"I'm not joking Zero, i have accepted you, i know you like to think i'm stupid but your wrong i'm far from it"

I gulped, he couldn't know what i planned i've been very careful. Sky started to panic with me.

"You were also wrong on something else, why do you think i call you Zero, i don't hate you, i don't love you either, i call you Zero because i feel absolutely nothing for you" he spoke with no emotions this time.

My whole body started to shake, then i found my voice again.

"So why did you accept this thing between us, if you just rejected me then we could both be happy, you could mate with any number of the she-bitches in the pack" i said also leaving out why it would make me happy.

"Now why would i want you to be happy huh, then i wouldn't get the pleasure of hurting you more now could i" he had a evil glint in his eyes.

I couldn't take anymore and neither could Sky, i kicked out hitting him between the legs, he grunted and dropped me grabbing himself instead, i took his moment of discomfort to run, all i could hear behind be was laughter. Tears were flowing now without problems, how had it all gone wrong. The only thought i had was how i am i supposed to leave this hellhole now.