Chapter 19

Why does Austin have a sudden interest in my life?
Why just tell me I'm going to California now?
What will Acacia and Alex think?
Why does Cameron hate me so much?
I've never seen Nash so angry. How am I going to tell Mario?
Why does Carter hate me? Why is he still relevant?
What is she going to do to me when I get back?

All these questions were whizzing in my head faster and faster as I continued to lay there. All these questions were starting to hurt my head.

I opened my eyes to see darkness and a small slit of light. I flung my elbow of my face and let it hang of the table, swaying slowly. I stared at the ceiling for a brief few minutes not thinking about anything until I saw a few figures trying to climb up the fence from the high, thin window places on top of the wall.

I looked through the window watching them attempt to grip on to the fence. By the looks of it they're going to take a while and there's no other door leading out the school so it looks like I'm going to be here until 1) They give up or 2) I lose my sanity and smash a window with a keyboard but I doubt any of my options will work.

I sat upright and looked for something to do. Even when no ones here schools still boring. I stared at all the instruments situated around the room. Most I've seen before but the rest all new. You see for some reason the school decided they'd spend the extra money they made for an update for the music department.  

I stood up and walked over to all the newer instruments. I tapped my hand on a bongo still looking through the window. Nope. They haven't gotten through yet.

I then made my way to a smaller version of a didgeridoo. I picked it up and blew threw it. It made a loud bellowing noise that scared the living shit out of me but actually sounded pretty cool so I'll save that for later.

I was now walking in a large circle around the room. Hitting the drums on my way and skimming my fingers along the piano. God I'm bored.

I ran my fingers across the strings of a guitar and stopped and listened to the sound of the strings vibrating. I wonder if I still know how to play? I picked up wooden instrument and sat down on the table with my legs dangling off the back of a plastic blue chair.

I started strumming slightly. Remembering most of the chords that I learned years ago. I mumbled the song lyrics quietly to myself as I concentrated on what my fingers that were dancing around the strings.

"You know you still owe me" I jumped at the voice from behind me. I turned to see Hayes locking the door from behind him.

"Why are you locking the door?"

Hayes came down and sat on the opposite table to me. "Is this the only song you know how to play?" I put the guitar down next to me and layed flat on my back once again. My head in the direction of Hayes. He stood up from his place and sat down crossed legged on the table next to my arm as he twirled loose strands of my hair around his fingers.

"You don't deserve to live like this you know" he said after a short silence. I nodded "this might sound insane but I don't want to leave" he picked up my head and placed it on his lap. I didn't really mind because we always use to do this. When ever one of us had a problem we'd sit like this.

"Talk"

"This place feels home. I know how you and the others feel about this place but I feel more at home here than anywhere else. And I just don't want to leave because I don't miss the old life I had. And I don't want to see Gin- mom again" I looked up at the ceiling thinking about how awkward it will be to say 'mom' after everything she's put me through.

Hayes locked both of our free hands together and rested them on my stomach.

"I'm sorry you've gone through all this and if I knew the 'thing' between you and Cameron I would've never let him come and I'm sorry I didn't stop him fighting you in the ring. I'm sorry. And I know how you feel in some way... When Nash got famous he got the most attention from my mom and dad which sucked donkey balls but I learned something"

"What?"

"This might sound very cliché and basic but It gets better. Maybe what you need is a little push out of your comfort zone and that's why you should go to Cali"

"But I don't wan-"

"What's your future plans? Are you going to have kids? A good paying job? I hate to sound like a mom but would you want kids to grow up here" I shook my head. I wouldn't want to sentence my children into carrying knifes because it wasn't safe or get a crappy education because the government simply don't care. But its not like I'm going to have kids at this age.

"I just don't want to be around any of my family" I muttered. "I'll be there for you" he muttered back. There was a long comfortable silence until I sat up from the table and faced him. 

"What's up with Nash. He seems on edge"

"Seems?" I rolled my eyes whilst smiling slightly

"He's been trying to contact Bart but he's not picking up. And when he did he told us he'll be here when he's ready"

"Ready?"

Our quiet time was interrupted by the door slamming against the wall as it opened and Nash stumbling in. Without words he ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I didn't mean what I said" he whispered repeatedly. 

"Nash I cant breathe" He let go of me and gave me a shy smile and then sat down with me and Hayes.

"I'm sorry for everything I did Nash" I smiled apologetically. He bent down to kiss my forehead. Something he hasn't done since I left for Jersey.  

"You have to come with us Kylie. You have no choice" Nash said the moment he sat down. Ignoring the fact he said it so forcefully I nodded and walked out the room.

"I'm not saying yes but im not saying no" I said before I walked out the door and into the hallway.

I wandered around the hallways and up the two flights of stairs and leaned against the painted banister that was between me and the long glass window that stretched from the bottom of the school to the top. It also looked over the gravel school yard and the basketball court.

I felt like I was standing there for hours looking at absolutely nothing but a few crows fly by and the clouds traveling from one end to the other. 

"Can I have your knife to remember you bye when you leave for the Golden State babe"