Chapter 16

I didn't know where I was going but I was certain I wanted to get away from them. Nothing right now makes sense and I'm sick of it. A few minutes later I found myself running in an unfamiliar direction. The adrenaline from my smoke started to kick in and I started sprinting, avoiding street lamps an jumping over trash cans, I kept my head up, ignoring the burning sensation in my legs and the pit of my stomach. I looked at the slightly run down stores and empty roads and the infestation of litter sprawled all over the ground.

I looked forward to see a tall building with scaffolding supporting the side all the way to the top. With out thinking I ran towards the side the tall grey building and grabbed onto the base metal poles of the scaffolding and started to climb upwards, looking down at the streets and houses below.

.  .  .

I grabbed onto the last piece of metal and hauled myself onto the rooftop. The sun wasn't out but if you look hard enough you could see a thin tinge of pink in the horizon meaning that I've been wondering for quite some time. I breathed heavily and gazed at the surprisingly large rooftop and other buildings not as high surrounding it. Looks like I found myself a new escape spot. I walked up to the edge. Craving for the view.

I leaned over the edge, strips of my hair gently swaying in the wind as I looked around. The view was perfect!

Sure it wasn't sandy beaches and the Hollywood sign but It was perfect for me. 

Whilst I look down on the town I feel like I was in power. That I was in charge and important. That people need me and respect me. I stood up straight, lifted my arms and swung my head backwards. Facing the deep blue and black sky. I took a loud breath and let out a giggled. "I'm king of the world!" I yelled off the rooftop.  

I swung my arms downwards again and looked around gawking at the sleeping town. I stood like that for what felt like forever until I started feeling droopy. I backed away from the wall and stumbled backwards, everything was spinning. I was fighting the urge to close my eyes but it was a battle I was losing easily. I fell tripped over my own feet and landed on my ass. My body stopped resisting and my eye lids suddenly dropped. Am I actually going to go sleep on a rooftop whilst there are accidental drugs running through my system? And before I could answer my own question I drifted off into deep sleep.

.   .   .

I felt warmth on my cheeks and arms. My eyes fluttered open slowly to be greeted by the low rising sun and an instant headache pounded my skull. I felt uneasy in my stomach and my legs ache like hell! I sat up slowly cupping my forehead with one hand and propping my body with the other arm. Within a few minutes my headache died down and I opened my eyes once again. Wait... Where am I?

I steadily stood up on my feet and looked at my surroundings. How did I get here? I walked up to a nearby ledge and rested my arms on it whilst looking down at the slightly alive town. How did I get up to this beautiful place?

I leaned against the bricks trying but failing to recall what happened last night. Then I spotted three small figures directly in front of me next to the high hanging traffic lights. They were yelling something but I was to high up to hear what ever they were saying. I watched them as they rushed into the next neighbourhood. I wonder what's going on with them. I shrugged it off and slowly scouted around,  trying to figure out how to get down until I came across some scaffolding. Did I actually climb up here on this! No wonder my legs hurt.

Well. There's no other way down. I started my decent. Stopping a few times to bury my head in the insides of my elbow and squeezing my eyes shut when my headache became to much for me to handle.

My feet finally made it to the ground. I leaned against the low handing metal bars. Sitting on one of them. I rested my head on another bar and sat like that for a while. Still trying to comprehend what ever happened last night.

"AYE DALLAS!" Someone yelled. I looked up and turned my head. Oh Lord not now. There stands the one and only Austin. I rolled my eyes and turned away debating on whether I should make a break for it or- "Haven't seen you around this part of town before" He smirked. I'd love to slap that smirk off his face. Why does he smirk so much?

"So what did the doctor say about your dick? Could they retrieve it?" I said but didn't look in his direction. The metal bars made a clanging noise as he leaned his zipper full leather jacket on the railings. I scrunched up my nose when the clang went right through me and set my headache off again.

"Ha ha ha very fucking funny" He shuffled closer to me. I turned around to him.

"I'm not in the mood fuck boy" I grumbled moving away from the building and walking off.

"You know. I did some research"

"Mhmm interesting" I said still walking off 

"Yeh it was Kylie Alexander Boe Dallas of California then Virginia and now New Jersey. You know all that moving around kinda fucked up your accent" I stopped in my tracks.

"Looks like your in the mood now huh. Oh and by the way I'm sorry about your mom" I turn on my heels and walk up to the smug looking Austin.

"What?"

He ran his hand through his quiffed up hair and locked eye contact with me.

"I'm just saying. Its quite sad what your mom did to you. I mean. What mom does that to her youngest daughter. Especially on the night before you left for the airport. I mean damn"

I went up in his face and jabbed a finger In his chest

"What do you know and how do you know?" He caressed my cheek but I slapped it away

"Everything and I have my ways" I hesitated for a moment. Things like this spread around this town like wildfire. This is bad! Very bad!    

"What do you want"

He grabbed both my wrists and pulled me closer to him. He brought his mouth to my ear.

"Soon my love. Soon" And with that he walked away leaving me speechless.

What does he mean soon.