33.

( Rosa ) 

We were at the mall. Just me and my sister. Everybody else went their separate ways.

I could tell Jayda was nervous to say something to me cause she would only make small talk like; "Do you want this?" or "What store do you want to go in next?". 

She is never nervous around me until today and I guess I would be too if she went off on me like I did to her this morning.

Me: Jayda?

She looked down at me.

Jayda: Yeah?

Me: Can we go eat and talk?

Jayda: Sure. Chick-Fi-A?

Me: Yeah. Sounds good.

We walked to Chick-Fil-A in quietness. 

Me: I'll go get us a table.

I got a table and sat down. About 5 minutes later Jayda came and passed out the food.

Jayda: Your right.

I looked up at her from my iPod.

Me: What? 

Jayda: You were right about everything. 

I only looked at her. She sighed and sat up straight and leaned on the table.

Jayda: I noticed what you said. Ever since we moved here , I've changed. Ever since I began hanging with T3 and the rest , I've changed.

I rolled my eyes , I was still mad.

Me: Glad you noticed.

Jayda: I'm sorry.

Me: Sorry isn't gonna cut it , Jayda.

Jayda: Then tell me what I have to do , Rosalia! I will do anything for you not to be mad at me anymore.

Me: Treat me like you care about me. Treat me like you love me.

Jayda: I do love you , Rosa , and I do care.

I shook my head.

Me: No you don't.

Jayda: Yes I do. If I didn't care and didn't love you , I wouldn't be busting my ass to make sure Sam don't take you away from me!

A lot of people turned their heads towards us but we ignored them.

Me: Yeah , you right. Maybe I should go live with Sam so you can be free and go do what you want. Then I'll be out of your hair.

Jayda: If that's what you want , then fine. If that's what will make you happy , fine , but just know , she'll never give you anything , again. She'll lock you up in that attic again. She won't feed you until 7:00 pm , again. She wont let you go to school , again. She'll make you her bitch , again.

Me: I ignored everything she said from " just know " and until now. There was something in my head. She'll let me go if it'll make me happy?

Me: If it made me happy , you'll let me go?

Jayda: Rosa , all I want is for you to be happy. I'll get bit by something I'm allergic to , if it made you happy. You just don't know how much love and care I got for you.

I looked at her. She was about to cry and Lord knows that I hate it when she cries.

I can't stay mad at her and I'm definitively not going to live with Sam. That's like going to the Mental Hospital and having to wear a straight jacket.