12.

( Jayden )

I saw my house come into view and I sighed. The car stopped and I felt the engine cut off. I looked at Rosa in the backseat , knocked out which made me smile. I looked back down at my lap until I felt small fingers turn my face towards them.

Jayda: You gone be okay?

I looked at her and shrugged.

Me: I dunno. She maybe wanting to fight again.

Jayda: You want me to wait for you?

Me: Nah. I don't want you here in case something does happen.

Jayda: Well if you want me to pick you up-

She grabbed a sharpie from the compartment under the radio and wrote on my hand. I looked at her neat handwriting that said her number and name on my hand. I looked at her and resisted the urge to kiss her.

Yes , I said kiss her. I'm lowkey starting to like her. She's the only one whose ever cared about me like that. I mean yeah I got Kayla and Skylar , but when they be busy with they girlfriend and hoes , I be having no one to turn to. I feel a connection towards Jayda that I don't feel towards Skylar and Kayla. I dunno but I need to talk to Skylar. Skylar understands where I should be coming from cause she knows it's wrong to play girls which is why she doesn't do it.

Anyways , I saw Jayda waving her hand infront of my face. I looked up at her and smiled.

Me: Sorry , I was thinking.

Jayda: Yeah , I see that.

I smiled at her foreign self.

Jayda: Be careful , okay?

Me: I will. I'll text you telling you how everything went.

Jayda: Okay.

She grabbed my face and planted a light kiss on my cheek.

Jayda: Be careful.

Me: I will.

I smiled and got out the car. I went up the long sidewalk and turned back to see Jayda speed off. I smiled and turned the door handle to find it unlocked. I pushed the door open and walked in. My dad was coming down the steps. He saw me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back.

Dad: I'm so sorry I was never here.

Me: It's okay.

Dad: No , it's not. I'm so fucked up for that.

Me: No your not. I mean nobody knew she beat me. Not even Skylar and Kayla and they're my best friends.

Dad: Does anybody else know?

Me: Yeah , this girl Jayda.

Dad: How did she find out?

Me: I usually go to her after I get beat. Like today when I left , I went to her house and she let me just hold her.

Dad: Did you sleep with her?

Me: Nah. I slept on her for about 5 minutes before her aunt came and started fussing asking her why she was gay and blah blah blah.

Dad: Oh. Well I have good news and bad news.

Me: Wassup.

Dad: I kicked your mom out.

Me: That's the good news , so what's the bad news?

Dad: She isn't leaving until 3 days.

Me: Really? Damn. That's the bad news.