Chapter 17: Fights

Beginne am Anfang

"I already told you I don't know who sent that video!" he snapped.

I reached them just as my best friend was about to punch him again, nostrils flaring. "Logan, stop." I grabbed his arm.

He turned to look at me then. I could see the anger dance around in his eyes, but behind that anger lay something way more important. Regret. I knew then that he was sorry for the thing with Mrs. Evans.

"Let him go," I said softly. "You're only going to get yourself in trouble."

His expression softened a bit. "Liz-"

"Hey!" yelled a voice from the hallway behind me.

My eyes widened and panic spread through my chest. "Go!" I hissed, shoving Logan to the door closest to him. And with one confused look, he slipped through the door.

I crouched next to a hunched over Jensen as I listened to the footsteps echo around the hallway. "Are you okay?" Jensen glared at me. He had a bloodied nose and it seemed like a bruise formed on his jaw. Well, it seemed that this time karma came in the form of my best friend.

"What happened?" I looked up and saw that Coach Edwards had joined us. Great the football Coach! I gulped. I had no idea how to respond. But I knew that I couldn't tell him the truth. So I did what I did best. I lied.

"I don't know. I found him like this."

The Coach frowned. "Jensen, son what happened?"

Jensen glanced my way but stayed silent. "I'll help him get to the nurse," I offered, extending my hand to help him off the ground. But he just ignored it and got up.

"I don't need your help. I'm fine," he hissed. As he passed me he stopped. "This isn't over," he said in a low voice, so only I could hear. And went on his way.

"Let that get checked out, boy!" Coach Edwards yelled after him. "Man's pride," he explained to me. "Don't worry about it." If only you'd know. I was actually very much relieved by the fact that Jensen had declined my offer. Maybe that made me a bad person but I didn't want more incidents like the one this morning to happen.

"Are you sure you didn't see anything?" he asked, referring to the fight that happened between Jensen and Logan. Guilt crept into my stomach as I shook my head. "No."

"Are you sure, because-" 

He was cut off by the speakers. Our principle listed a few names and I didn't pay it any attention until ...

"- Ryan Johnson, Anthony Collins, Jeremy Evans, Liam Masterson, Jack Gabriel, Drake Rodgers, Andrew Hall and Matthew Young in my office! Now!"

Oh crap.

\\\\\

Ryan's POV

I. Saw. RED.

I clenched my hands into fists as I watched Liz walk away. Promise I won't do anything stupid?

How could I keep calm when someone had touched her? Hell, how could she be so calm?

The video was set on re-run. So it started again and again and again. My instincts told me to throw my phone across the room. But instead I punched the table. Hard. The sound was barely heard over the mixed noises of chatter and that disgusting video.

"R-Ryan?"

My head shot to my left when I heard my name only to find one of those geeks staring at my clenched fists.  "What?" I snapped. The anger was burning in every inch of my body.