Chapter 17

Nadia:

I answered him. "I need you to get me a lawyer ok?" He told me.

"With what money?" I snapped. I was so frustrated I don't have a job no money or nothing to pay the bills or take care of our child.

"I got a stash in the closet in a shoe box I need you to call one of the best lawyers and go talk to them in person so I can get a court date."  He demanded.

"What I'm I suppose to do now I have no money no job and an 11-month-old?" I cried.

"Don't worry it's enough in the stash to take care of y'all if get some time." He said.

"But  you gone have to get a job or some type of money if I do get a lot of time." He added.

"I told you to stay off those streets and not be out doing this and look at where it got you" I yelled at him I was angry.

"I know baby but I had to do what I had to do take care of you and my son" Ryan sighed.

"The phone about to turn off so look in the closet get the money call the lawyer tomorrow morning and pay the bills on the crib. I love you baby girl" He said before hanging up.

"I love you too" then the phone turned off I sat there thinking about how I'm going to do this.

I go up and went in the bedroom and looked in the closet. I saw the shoe box I picked up the shoe box and opened it. It was a gun and a wad of cash in it I picked up the money and closed the box back and shut the closet.

I counted some of the money I counted a 1,000 dollars to spend on the bills and put the rest in the drawer.

I sighed and thought about how things were going to be without Ryan here. I was just stressed I needed a break all I wanted to do was move out of California and be a happy family but now its all gone.

I called my dad the person who knows me best I know he's going to be upset but it had no other choice. I picked up the phone and dialed his number.

"Hey daddy." I said trying to sound happy but it really wasn't. "Hey baby girl what's going on?" he asked me.

"Nothing really trying to get myself together its kind of hard I'm going to have to find a job and get into school in the fall so yea its been pretty rough how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, Why you call me honestly Nadia I know you well I know when you have something on your mind." He finally said.

I sighed. Well, now I'm a single parent with no job no money or anything I need help. How could be so dumb I understand what mom meant about getting pregnant at this age.

Its hard daddy I don't know what else to do" I cried through the phone I was hurt and didn't know what else to do.

"Baby girl you going to have to start being independent you're 18 years old grown and you made the choice to grow up when you had a baby moved out the house cause you were in love and you thought it was going to be easy.
That's what your mother was trying to tell you she wasn't trying to hurt you she was trying to tell you that you weren't ready you had to learn the hard way. all you can do is get up and try to help yourself. Ill help you get yourself together. but after that, it's up to you."

He said to me.

tears were coming down my face because he was telling the truth. Now Ryan is locked up I'm going to have to make a way. "Where Ryan? He left you for another girl?" He asked me.

"No he's in jail making the wrong decisions I told him to get off the streets but he didn't want to listen," I told my dad.

"You cant change him, Nadia, he was gone have to change himself and if he doesn't do right when he gets out then just forget it take care Ayden and yourself." He told me and I listened to him he was right I love Ryan but its time for me to make my own decisions and make sure I take care of myself and my son.

2 weeks later...

Nadia:

It been 2 weeks since Ryan has been in jail Ayden turns 1 in a week and we supposed to be planning a birthday party but I'm getting ready for Ryan's court date. I was nervous I didn't know what was going to happen today or how my life will be after.

I put on a coat with A t-shirt under and a skirt with black stockings and high heels I put my hair up in a bun I put on a little bit of makeup not too much but enough.

I got Aydens stuff together he was going with my dad while I went to the court. I picked up all his stuff bottles and clothes and got him ready. I picked him up and walked out the door and put him in the back of the car and drove to my dads house.

I pulled up at my dads house and got out the car and picked up Ayden and walked up to the door I knocked and He answered. "Hey daddy" I gave him a hug.

"Hey baby girl and grandson," He said picking up Ayden. "You ready?" He asked me. I sighed "No not really" he gave me a hug "don't worry you know whatever happens I got your back" he hugged me tightly. "Thanks, daddy" I felt tears on my face I had to wipe my face quickly and I walked out the door. I was so nervous I just hope Ryan doesn't get much time.