Chapter 16

Nadia: I woke up at 9:00 am cause our flight leave at 10 am  Ryan and I got ready to go my bags where packed and ready I put my stuff in the car then waited for Ryan to drive to the airport. I was excited about this trip just us two and on my birthday it's going to be special. "I thought you forgot," I said to Ryan. "Your birthday?" He said. "Yea my birthday," I said looking over at him. "No I never forget" he smiled. "Happy early birthday," he said with a smile on his face. "Thanks, baby" I smiled the whole trip was nice I enjoyed it. But when we got back to California it was drama...

6 months later...

Tylisha: my belly was getting bigger every day I was 6 months pregnant. I have been hiding my pregnancy for a while wearing bigger clothes and pants to cover up. It's been hard hiding this from OG and the rest of the people that live here. "Ty come here!" OG yelled. "I'm getting dressed," I said covering up my stomach as much as I could but you could see it a little. "What's up OG?" I said dapping him up. "Yo Ima need you to kick this fool ass!" He yelled. "Who?" I said. "One of them dumb ass boys faking he wasn't down for us" I looked away then looked back at him. "Where he at?" I said "Somewhere around" he looked at me. "What is it?" I noticed him looking at me. "You seem like you getting bigger?" He added. "Oh, yea probably I have been eating a lot" I lied. "Yea I see but I'll see you later" he dapped me up.

Ryan: I was standing on the block with BJ we were making money and making it fast. I made a lot of sells and had more coming I was making money for my family. "Bro you got a customer," BJ said. I walked over to the black car it was an older white man. "What's up man?" I said dapping him up. "What you need?" I said. He told me what he wanted. I reaching into my pocket for a small bag. Then the man reached over and pulled out a badge that said California police I tried to run but another officer came. They arrested me and BJ right there. "Damn!" I yelled out when the police officer tried to put handcuffs on me. "put your hands behind your back right now!" he demanded. I did what he told me and he put me in the back of the car. I looked out the window at BJ who was getting arrested by the other officer and I shook my head. I never knew I would be in the back of a police car I've been doing this for a long time and never got caught I was thinking about Nadia whos gonna take care of her and Ayden I shook my head thinking. We pulled up at the police station the cop let me out of the car and sent me in the integration room. I waited in the room nervous cause I didn't know what they were going to do me and I didn't know where BJ was. I looked up It was a big black man with a cup in his hand. "Son, why are you here?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. He asked again and I shrugged my shoulders again. "So you got arrested for no reason?" He laughed. "Yea I wasn't doing nothing but chilling." I looked at him with a straight face. "You're lying" He walked around and reached in his pocket and got out a bag of cocaine. "What's this?" he asked me throwing the bag on the table. "I don't know." I lied. "That's a lie! you know what the fuck this is this is California boy" He yelled. "Can I get a lawyer I'm answering no more questions." I sat back in the chair. The man walked out the room "get this bastard out my face." He walked out the door it was 2 officers at the door. "Come on asshole." One of the officers yelled I was still in handcuffs. "Man fuck you!" I mumbled. They walked me to the jail I had to strip and get searched I'm glad I only had one bag of cocaine on me. I put on an orange jumpsuit "When can I get a fucking lawyer?" I screamed out. "shut up" one of the officers said walking me to a cell I walked in my cell it was small with a bed and toilet and brick wall. "Damn man" I put my hand over my head.

Nadia: I looked over at my son he was growing so big he was about to turn 1 in a couple weeks. I can't believe it almost been a year now my baby is taking steps and trying to talk "come on baby its time to take a bath!" I said picking him up and taking to the bathroom. I put him in the tub and ran the water. "where's daddy?" I looked at him smiling. "da da" he clapped playing with his toys. I got my phone and called Ryan I got no answer I called again there was no answer. I looked confused "Maybe he still doing business," I thought to myself. I shrugged my shoulders he usually don't be home at this time but he will call and let me know where he is so I'm kinda worried. "Come on baby," I said taking Ayden out the tub I dried him off put on his diaper lotion and pjs. I sat on the couch with Ayden in my arms he was almost asleep when he finally went to sleep I laid him down on the couch next to me. It was almost 10 and I haven't heard from him I sighed and laid down beside my son.

Ryan: sitting on this bed thinking in deep thoughts I don't even know how much time I'm getting. "Officer I need to use a phone" I yelled out. He came to my cell and let me out. I went to the phone nobody was using and dialed Nadia's number. She answered on the second ring.

Nadia: My phone started ringing and I answered it. This call is from the California jail from Ryan. Do you wish to accept the charges? I was shocked when I heard Ryan's name tears started to roll down my face. I accepted the call and Ryan started talking "hello baby?" He said