Chapter 11

Ryan:

I was making sales and getting this money with my nigga.

Ayden was with my mom and Nadia was still in school so I had time to get my mind right so I could provide for them.

"Damn I gotta get the car fixed" I shook my head. "What happened?" BJ asked. "Somebody flat the tires on Nadia's car" I shook my head and counted up the money I made today.

"Damn bro how you get here?" He asked me. "My mama she watching Ayden for a while so we can get this money," I said.

I got Nadia a car for her birthday last year so she could get to school and get around when she was pregnant with Ayden I bought the car and the apartment that's when we moved in together.

Her parents weren't happy about it and still isn't. They don't like me they never have when she got pregnant it was like they didn't even want Nadia around me. That's why I had to prove them wrong and get this money.

It was a knock on the door I looked at BJ and he looked at me and got up "who is it?" And it was a soft voice at the door.

"It's me" she opened the door and it was a short light skinned girl was long black hair she was fine but I have never seen her before.

"Wassup baby?" He said. I looked at him confused and I put all the money away and drugs so she wouldn't see it and the guns on the table.

"This my homeboy Ryan. Ryan this is Kari." I looked at her "wassup?" She looked back and said Hey. "Well can you give me a ride to my mama crib?" I asked BJ.

We pulled up to my mom's house. I got out the car "talk to you later bro" I dapped up BJ and headed toward the house. I knocked and waited for my mama to come to the door.

"Ma it's me," I said. She came to the door with Ayden in her arms. "Come on boy." She opened the door so I could come in.

"What you cooking?" I asked cause I could smell food when I walked in. "Pancakes eggs and bacon" it was still early but not too early.

"Where mine at? I laughed." She ignored me then my older sister walked in the room.

"Mama, can I borrow some money?" She said she was on the phone being loud as always. "No girl I don't have no money!" My mama yelled.

"Well hey sis," I said when she didn't see me sitting at the table.

"Hey bro," she said to me. "Who the fuck you on that phone with?" I said getting angry.

"Shut up you not my daddy!" She rolled her eyes I'm overprotective of my sister even though she's older.

"Ryshawna take Ayden for me." My mama said to my sister. "Hey nephew" she gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked out the room.

"How are you doing mama?" I asked my mama. "I'm ok just trying to get some money to pay this bill before they cut the lights off." She shook her head cooking.

I took out a wad of cash and gave her some of it "Here ma I got you." I saw the smile on her face I like seeing my mama happy.

"Son I don't need this" she tried giving it back. "No, keep it. You deserve it" I smiled at her.

I gave her a hug. "Love you mama," I said. "Love you too son" she said hugging me I'll do anything for her.

Nadia:

I only had a week till graduation I was so ready but then again I'm going to miss being in school. I wanted to go off to college but when I got pregnant there is no way I could.

My parents wouldn't take care of Ayden and me and Ryan would be apart.

I always wanted to leave California to get away from the hood and go off somewhere but when I got pregnant that was it.

All my friends are going off to school and I'm going to miss them a lot.

I wish I would've waited till I was finished with college to have a baby and start a family I don't regret having my child or being with Ryan.

"Ms. Carter." My teacher called. "Yes?" I said walking up to her desk. "Good job," she said giving me a test I had an A on it I was happy.

I always got good grades but it's been hard cause I have Ayden now being a mother changes everything.

"Are you ready for graduation?" Sarah asked. "Yea just nervous," I said walking down the hallway.

"Me too I'm can't believe I'm going off to college and getting away from here.

I'm glad my parents won't be on me about school they already hate it I go here." She said.

"Yea I know I never liked going to school here," I said to her.

"So where are you going?" She asked me. "I don't know yet but I'll have to move soon I don't want my baby to grow up here it's not a good place," I said.

Tylisha:

"Tylisha honey you have homework to do!" My foster mother yelled. "Ummm ok I'm not doing it I'm just going to drop out!" I snapped at her.

"Tylisha I don't think so you only have a week to
get stuff done a week! You already suspended what are you going to do if you don't graduate?" She added.

"Get out of my face! I don't wanna go back and I'm not going I have been in and out of school since I was 12 I don't care!" I yelled at her.

"Don't be like this I want you to go to school and finish honey can you please do it for me?" she asked me.

"No I'm not I'm grown I don't need you making decisions for me ok?" I rolled my eyes. She throws up her hand.

"Well maybe you should leave," she told me. "I can fuck you, you don't care about me you just want money" I went upstairs to my room and packed up my clothes.

"How dare you say that I been taking care of you ever since you were 11 I never said I didn't love you!" She ran up the steps behind me.

"Tylisha! Tylisha!" She yelled at me. "Leave me the alone I'm leaving here bitch," I said putting my stuff in a suitcase and leaving out the  door but she blocked so I couldn't get out.

"Move out my way!" I said to get she didn't move. "Bitch move out my way!"

I yelled she still didn't moved so I punched her she fell. I ran out the door I had no place to go but I'll find a place.

I walked down the street I was trying to see if I had anyone on my phone that I could call. I looked in my contacts and I found one of my brother's number. I called him he answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" He said in his deep voice. "Hey Bro it's me, Ty, can I stay in your crib tonight?" I asked. "Yea where you at shorty?" He asked me. "By the train station in LA" I said.

"Ight be there in about 30 mins" he said. "Ok bro" I hung up the phone.

I walked down the street I had on shorts a crop top with a red bandana on I was kinda nervous it was dark and crips might come out.