Chapter 5 - 'Death's Dagger'

May walked closer to the body and stared at the bracelet as though she was analyzing the very makings of it.  As she flipped over the charm on the bracelet  she saw 'M to M' written on it.

 Memories flowed back to her from her twelfth Christmas, she saved for months to get her mother something special for Christmas. A charm bracelet.  She made her mother promise never to take it off as it would always remind her of the love of her daughter. She chose to engrave 'M to M' on the first charm. Her heart skipped and she whispered to deaths ear, "May to Mom". She screamed and in hope they all would hear and shock them back to life. This was no so. 

 In a rage she dragged the white covers off. Her mothers face bruised and bloody. Tears ran down her face and she dragged the other covers off of the other bodies.  

Three bodies...

 Three members...

 Her whole family... dead.

 In the shock all her best friend could do was stare at the events, she was frozen as the news registered slowly to her brain. May however screamed and tipped over the table of medical instruments. The officers grabbed hold of her and dragged her outside.  Slowly she calmed down and became numb. 

***

They ended up at the police station for questioning of the matter but it was a bit hopeless as May was in shock. She barely lifted a finger.  

No words.

No sound.

Little movement.

"We need her to sign for the autopsy  and release of the body for the funeral arrangements."  said the officer attending to them.

Milly nudged May but to no avail.

"Officer May really isn't in the..." Milly began until she was cut off by a mysterious woman.

"I will sign the papers officer." said the woman in the flowery pink and blue dress, a simply smile and wonder in her eyes.

"And who might you be?" replied the officer.

"I'm the deceased sister." replied the woman.

"Very well." 

The woman  signed the papers and was off. 

***

There was total silence for the entire ride home.  Milly and May dropped out at May's home but her aunt however proceeded to somewhere else. Was she really what you call family. She did not even look back. Family was known to stick together but she was just a mare individual seeking to do her duty and be off. Milly showered May  then put her to bed with the hope that maybe tomorrow would bring reality to her. A hope that May would be able to mourn the death of her family. 

*** 

Two days went by and they finally received the autopsy report which stated they died due to the accident. But what accident? What was so bad that caused their death? 

No answers...

Not even a sorry...

***

"Well the world works in mysterious ways, doesn't it love? I mean Your darling parents gone mysteriously." the voice whispered to May's mind.

...

"Aren't you fond of a sweet mystery my dear child."

...

"No response is the best response. I see the suffering in your eyes. The rage fumbling on your precious lips. The hatred rolling on your tongue. You are a true specimen and you will make a wonderful doll. 

***

They carried her to the doctor later that day  as they saw no signs of response. But all they could do was tell them what they already know. They were told that they had to try to make her cry or she may come back on her own. All they could do is hope.  

Hope? the one thing that drives the human soul. Hope? the only form of existence that pursues the mind and engages the heart. Hope is warmth. Hope is the blanket that covers us in the time of darkness and moments the make us tremble in fear. When you look and there seems to be no way out hope is what inveigles us to stand strong for help comes in the morning. Do you trust in hope? Will you sacrifice everything and bet your life on hope? 

I would. 

Author's Note: Hey guys sorry for the late update i had to conjure this chapter up. It's short but fitted.