Chapter 2 - "Emotion's Eyes"

"Who are you? Why are you here? Show yourself!!"

She awoken in a panic as sweat polluted her body. 'It's just a dream.' she muttered to herself hoping for her own personal assurance.

The sun was down and the atmosphere was calm and tender as the breeze gently swept the area. She sat still for that one moment thinking of what it was that poisoned her dreamland. Was it good? - was it bad? - was it real?. Although she felt the merciless sensation she also felt a connection with it. She covered her face and began giggling... "Just a dream...or... was it?" she said to herself. "I might as well go back to bed." she laid back down looking at the roof. Suddenly it began getting darker every time she blinked and then she slowly fell asleep.

******

"Wake up sis!!!! We are late!!!"

She awoken in shock and accidentally rolled of the bed, "OWWWW!!"

"Stop laying around and come on."

"I'm coming!"

He ran outside and she slowly dragged herself to the mirror and as she glimpsed she saw a pair of eyes staring at her covered in a devilish smoked layer and she fell back and as she looked again it was gone.

"w-what is h-happening to me." she held out her hand and stared at them for a while, she ran to the bathroom when she finally realized she was getting late. After she got ready she hurried to her routine to drop her brother off.

"Have a nice day."

"You too sis."

As she waved and turned around there it was again and once again as she blinked and it was gone.

She held her heart and looked around in fear but... she took a deep breath and brushed it off and she headed to school.

*********** 

She walked into the school gate and placed her marvelous smile and skipped to class.

"MORNING!!!!" May shouted in the class.

Her best friend Milly ran toward her and hugged her,"You don't have to yell you know that right",

"But I wanted to make sure everyone heard me."

"Wow, trust me they did."

They both laughed and hugged once more. "Let me go drop my bag."

"Alright."

As she walked toward her desk she looked outside and there it was the shadowy eyes that had been haunting her. She dropped to the floor in fear and she turned away.

"MAY!!", Milly went running toward her, "Are you alright?"

'I can't let anyone know what's happening to me'

She giggled, "It's nothing I just tripped. You know I am a clutz"

"Oh... alright. Let me help you up."

Milly pulled her up and she dusted her off. "You sure you are alright?"

She smiled, "Absolutely!"

***********

The bell rang and they all head down to assembly. Everyone lined up as usual and May stood still as if fear had consumed her and her thoughts had covered her like a thick blood blanket.

'What is happening to me. I can't even close my eyes or think straight. What is it that is terrorizing me like this. I just can't continue like this. I must know who or what is out to get me, I haven't done anything to anyone so why would someone want to hurt me"