Chapter 6 - 'Death's Dagger Part 2'

Three days later everyone sat in their black attire but she sat still, frozen for days, she was dressed in red from her head to her knees with a black boots. Black roses laid on her lap, her hands covered with a long blood red rosy gloves, a short red puffy dress beautifully designed yet it looked as though it was drowned in thick blood, a short red veiled had laid peacefully on her beautifully warped hair and the dark high heeled shoes with root like designs running from top to bottom. It was sunny, the well cut grass laid still and the mourning cries echoed with the wind one by one they left and she stood still with her eyes closed.

"May its me Milly do you want me to take you home?"

With a simple whisper she said, "I can get home it's okay."

"You finally talked." Milly smiled.

"I did and I would like to go home on my own."

"You sure? I don't think I should leave you alone."

"I am and please I just want to be alone."

"But May it's..."

"I said leave." 

Milly walked away and she was simply alone with her eyes closed. The wind caressed her skin every time it passed by.

"Who will help you now... Haha is it your dead mother, your father or even your lifeless little brother..." the voice trembled through her mind.

"I will... No matter what... I will get rid of you... If your after me then I just wont be me..."

"Haha... What a stupid girl I'm left to deal with... You will fail and ill just laugh at you're stupidity."

She stood up and walked to the middle of the aisle with her back towards the graves gripping the flowers tight, "Mom... Dad... Little brother... Why did you leave me alone?... Why?...Now I'm left alone... To fight... And now... I will."

Her eyes opened fiercely as though consumed by revenge. She threw the flowers behind her and walked away and each step held her high with a grip of vengeance.

She walked all the way home. As she arrived at her household she stepped inside, took a deep breath and began to clean.

She packed away her families belongings and neatly decorated each room and every room had to have a simple red item. If it was a red vase, a red carpet or even red curtains it was there.

As she finished cleaning she sat down in the living room still in her funeral dress. Her legs cross and her eyes closed then suddenly...

"Knock knock! Is anyone home?"

Her eyes widen as she recognized the voice. "J... James?"

"May ... Are you there?"

She began to stutter, "Oh... Um... Y... Yes! I'm coming... Give me a minute."

"Okay."

She hustled up the stairs and sprayed perfume on her dress all over then with her silly panicky self she changed her clothes and ran downstairs. As she opened the door, James turned around holding a bouquet of flowers.

"For you my lady." he smiled.

All her worries seem to disappear as her smile brighten on the sight of him.

"How did you know I loved roses?"

"Lets just say an annoying angel told me."

"Ah Milly..."

They both laughed then entered the house.

"I was a bit worried about you... You were bit um... How do I put it... A bit frozen from the shock."