Happy Holidays (Pt 2)

This is a second part- i will be talking about Filipino culture that may or may not be still popular at the time- i'm rolling all traditions and living styles into one time line And i'll include things that happened from experience!

(Y/n) P.O.V

The car ride to the airport was an awkward one with me being squished by the Hamada brothers. Hiro was revising all the things i explained to him and Tadashi was staring out the car window doing... what ever he was doing?

The taxi pulled up beside the drop off area as Aunt Cass and my mum paid the driver. Tadashi pulled the suitcases out of the back of the car as Hiro and i hopped out. We all walked into the building and found the bag checkouts, the suitcases were placed on the conveyor belt as we were ushered to the bag inspections.

All the while documents and paperwork were being signed, Hiro and Tadashi constantly bickered about something- it turned out that they were in a game of "Tootsies" and Hiro squashed Tadashi's foot badly...

Boys...

As soon as we boarded the plane, my mum and Aunt Cass fell asleep. Tadashi and I began to talk about how annoying Hiro was as he was throwing gummy bears at our heads. The rest of the flight was spent sleeping, eating and going to the bathroom- sitting between the brothers wasn't a good idea as i would constantly get disturbed by some argument or competition they were having.

Eventually we arrived in Manila, a popular part of the Philippines. However we still needed to take a bus and a side car until we reached our destination. The brother's weren't to happy to find out the travel wasn't over or pleased to hear that we were visiting my grandmother before we left.

At least Aunt Cass and my mum found it exciting...

"You have no idea what things are like here boys! Spend a day learning their culture!" Aunt Cass beamed.

"There is no service here!" Hiro had called, waving his phone around wildly.

"Or tech... but i guess the beach would be nice." Tadashi noted. Aunt Cass sighed.

"I heard they have lots of fun with chores!" She exclaimed, i grinned.

"Chores!? NO THANKS." Hiro exclaimed as we boarded a bus. Tadashi shrugged as we all took the back seat. "Um, how long is this trip?" He asked.

"Dalawang oras" A woman said. "Two hours." I laughed at the brother's facial expressions. Oh how priceless. Tadashi reached out to take his phone to take a photo.

"Tadashi not yet..." I whispered, he gave a confused face. "Someone will steal it." Tadashi lifted his eyebrow. "To put simply, it's a poor country... One dollar equals 48 Peso..." I exclaimed. Hiro's eyes widened."No it's not a bad country- just be careful is all. They can be really clever when it comes to little tricks however." I nodded.

The bus ride was coming to an end, all we needed was a ride in a side car. Aunt Cass was practically squealing in joy as we climbed on. A man smiled and started his little vehicle that would pull the compartment we were in by it's side.

"Is this safe?" Tadashi asked.

"Just relax" My mother called as we began to move.

"It's hard when you feel like barfing... i'm so sick..."Hiro exclaimed as Tadashi began to puke out the side.

"To late..." He muttered.

"Can you stop please?" My mother asked. the car stopped outside a market, Tadashi and Hiro got out as my mum handed me some money. "We will wait here, be quick." She said. I nodded and took both the boys inside, heading to the fruit and medication section.

"OH thank god! Medicine!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Come on!" I called, walking past. I led them towards the fruit and picked up three mandarins.

"MANDARINS?!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Well i'm hungry...and you feel sick." reasoned, walking off to pay. Tadashi and Hiro followed upset and began to ignore me as we walked back to the car... boys...

"I can't believe she bought fruit instead of medicine!" Tadashi grumbled as the vehicle started again. I peeled the mandarin and handed them the peel, eating the fruit happily.

"Boys!" My mum called, causing Aunt Cass to turn and look.

"No littering!" She frowned as they let go of the peels.

"Sorry (M/n) They apologized.

"Oh that's fine... but shouldn't you use the peel to stop your car sickness?" She asked. "Show them (Y/n)." I sighed and ripped more of the peel, stuffing it on top of their noses.

"Sniff the scent." I stated. They looked confused but did as told.

"Is this a Filipino thing?" Tadashi asked asked we got off our ride.

"Uh... well my family does it..." i shrugged. Hiro nodded."I think i'm gonna sleep most of this holiday..." Hiro said, Tadashi nodded along.

"Sure, but i'll have a- nasty surprise for you..." I grinned.